cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Customs Management Import - Delivery based flows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am looking on a possible GTS Customs Management Import solution for a client in a pre-study. After analyzing the inbound flows I see that there are three main import scenarios with the following document flows:

1) PO based: PO-> GR -> Material Document

2) PO based with inbound delivery: PO-> Inbound Delivery -> GR -> Material Document

3) Return Delivery Based: SO-> Return Delivery (outbound delivery) -> GR -> Material Document

As I understand the standard fuctionality in GTS Customs Management Import only involves either:

1) PO

2) PO + Inbound Delivery

3) PO + Inbound Delivery + Materal Document

This gives us a few problems since we would like to base the import declaration trigger on the material document only. Is that possible? If yes, how (on high level)? If not, any other ideas how we could solve the import declaration when the flows is return delivery based (since this flow is missing POs)?

Would it be possible to create a dummy PO? Simillar to a proforma document in the export scenario? Any other ideas?

I would really appreciate any help.

Best regards

Bosse

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bosse,

In NCTS procedure you can create import declarations after GR but the product need to be flagged for Bonded Warehouse.

The product can be classified as Duty paid or unpaid according to the 'prevdoctype' given in Inbound delivery.

For Duty unpaid stock (For T1 document)

Once the GR has been posted you can see the "Assigned Logistics document" worklist to to view the customs declaration.

After communication from the Customs the duty unpaid stock is updated

For Duty paid stock (For T2 document)

The GR creates Duty paid stock automatically

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidharan,

Thx for your reply but I have some additional questions.

1) In a majority of the inbound material flows for this client Inbound Deliveries are missing. Instead GR is performed directly on the PO. Is it still possible to trigger the Work List based on GR then?

2) Do you have any ideas regarding inbound flows which misses POs too? Could you create a Dummy PO?

Background: In the return flows for this client the only document involved are Return SO (regular SO), Return Delivery (regualr outbound delivery) and Material Document (based on GI on the outbound delivery).

Thank you and best regards

Bosse

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bosse,

1) Inbound delivery is basically used if you want to discharge the transit procedure and also to decide whether your stock has to be automatically classified as Duty paid or unpaid.

If you don't use Inbound delivery ie no 'prevdoctype' then I think the custom status is automatically assigned to Duty paid stock

2) As for my knowledge is concerned PO is a legal document which can't be even deleted from the system (though you can delete the item level), so I don't think any customer will use dummy POs

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thx.

Regarding 2) The purpose of the dummy PO would only be to trigge the flow to GTS simillar to an Export flow in GTS which often is based on a Proforma document form the feeder systm (dummy invoice).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar question.

Is it possible to manually create a customs document in GTS (i.e.for legal control)

Issue: On initial start up of GTS, there are goods in transit and in bond that were loaded into initial inventory, and that will not have a PO in SAP. However, these will need to have a customs declaration. As there is no PO, will need to use create manual declaration to put on the GTS worklis.

However, this manual declaration does not create a customs document for legal control, so no licenses can be applied to the import.

So, is there a way to create a customs document, and use this in conjunction with the manual customs declaration so licenses can be used?

Any advice much appropriated!

Answers (0)