Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find first user in BBP hierarchy with a special attribute

mike_bohammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are using SRM 7.0 and I have a BRF request where I have currently no idea how to solve it technically.

For our signature rule in SC we have to determine the cost center owner. Therfore I have already created an own expression and use it in BRF process configuration.

But when a value limit is more than x, than we need additional the approve of a user with a special attribute. Therefore I will will use a new expression, but the method to determine the WI-receiver is not clear for me.

There are more then 30 users which are possible receivers and I don't want to bother all at the same time. So the WI should only send to the firstt user which is in the BBP hierarchy above the cost center owner, having a special attribute (e.g. the user must have the attribute "ROLE = Z_MYROLE").

I know that I can read the attributes with FM BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES, but I didn't know how to combine it with the lookup in the BBP hierarchy starting on the level of the cost center owner. Is there a FM which read the "usage" of a user/central person?

Any ideas?

BTW: The value x can be changed depending on the material group and other rules, so usage of general attributes like spending limit, etc. is not possible.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about finding CC owner from ERP?

Regards,

Masa

mike_bohammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

thanks for your reply.

The CC owner is coming from the ERP (this issue is already solved).

But there is an additional release necessary (depending on the value) from a person who has the power to act by law. The number of persons is too much to send the workflow to all, so we want to send the workflow only to the next "higher" person in the PPOMA-hierarchy, which has the the role "power to act by law".

And this is the problem I have. I don't know a table, or function module to read the PPOMA. If I can read the PPOMA I think I can solve my problem.

Regards,

Mike

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check FM RH_STRUC_GET. You can get users from Org.Plan then check the special role.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about creating logic by considering the Node ID in PPOMA..

Should be helpful..

Thanks!!

Bahrath

Former Member
0 Kudos

The attribute Role is not intended for this pupose. It is not the role that they have but it is the Role that they can assign to a user while creating a user. Like for example a Buyer creating bidder he can assign this role to the new user.

So your logic becomes:

Assign a Z Role to the approver. You can get the higher level Org with FM: BBP_OM_STRUC_GET_ORG_FROM_ORG and then get the user with the role using BBP_OM_STRUC_GET_USER_FROM_ORG and BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL.

Otherwise you ca use the following logic:

Create a custom attribute call Z_Approver which holds the Approver user ID. YOu can assign this attribute to the each organization where you need further approval. You will get the organization of the user(BBP_OM_STRUC_GET_ORG_FROM_USER) and then can read this attribute to get the approver.

Regards,

Surya

mike_bohammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

these FMs are excatly the ones I'm looking for.

Thanks to everyone for answering and especially to Surya for solving my problem )

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)