cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making of Purchase order layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

For PO appliation, i created a Layout for a particular output type. While it is executing, the text in a particular window is getting overlap with the below one and i find this is happening for POs which have long header texts. So, it should be made to split the header text into multiple pages if they are large.

I tried upto aligning of windows i.e. adjusting the size of windows, but of no use....

Please provide any inputs.

Thanks

Suren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should use your own logic. Hope the window you are talking is a variable window.

Just read the text using the FM- READ_TEXT, in which you will get the lines in the table LINES. Display the number of lines in the window as oer the window size. In the next page display the others.

If you are displaying in the main window, then it will be flowed to the next opage automatically.

Regards,

Selva K.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andhari,

As selva has rightly suggested, it is better to use the main window to output long texts. I guess you must have displayed it in the secondary window since it is header level data for the PO.

Though if in a main window I would still suggest the include text option rather than read_text FM to display long text. READ_TEXT FM gives improper output for certain special characters(&,% etc) .

Regards,

Rijuraj.