cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is both MM-SUS & EBP-SUS possible at a time ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

SUS will be one of the most requiered functionality for Client and all POs need to send to Suppliers via SUS.

We are mainly going to use Classic Scenarion ,where MM-SUS fits perfectly. But at the same time Direct Materails ( Manually or automatically thru PDP as ext Req) will trigger Extended Classic Scenarion, as per SAP standard setting , although we configured all prodcut cat for Classic.

So how we can send these POs ( genreted through Ext Classsic) to Suppliers ? Can we set both MM-SUS & EBP-SUS at atime for all suppliers ,so that all orders will go to supplieres or any workout/option availble so that I will use only MM-SUS ?

Plz help me.

Regards

NAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can set up technically both MM-SUS and SRM-SUS.

You need also check that all the process steps like ASN doesnot support for SRM-SUS...where as it supported in MM-SUS...

Abdul Raheem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

But for that whether it will requier to have 2 seprate log in id for all Supplieres ? or any other way is therse instead of having 2 differebt set ups ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

You will only have a single instance of SUS. No seperate login is required by supplier. You are sending your PO's through XI to the SUS system wher the supplier login and create follow on documents.

Only challange is you will have to provide logic to the XI syatm that the follow on documents are directed to the respective syatems ( ECC and SRM).

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

really i dont know why SAP did not do anything for direct material PO in ECC itself.

since many issues and customers are not happy some customers wanted to haveall their PO in only ECC box though direct or indirect material.

SAP has to do something on this direct material po in classic mode . i dont know what type of technical snag there are having to do the same.

Narendra:- Do some custom enhancement to clear the account assignment in the BADI so your sc for direct material will be created in ECC only not in SRM ( clear account assignments) .

customer expectations are PO in ECC only for all materials in classic scenario without doing any enhancement.

--

not applicable for you /fyi

Note 1293572 - Account assignment is cleared in case of direct material

When a material in purchase order is ordered as direct material, then default account assignement is cleared even though the customizing for accounting is maintained for the direct material in case of government procurement.

-

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you veru much.

Regarding your suggestion .......(Narendra:- Do some custom enhancement to clear the account assignment in the BADI so your sc for direct material will be created in ECC only not in SRM ( clear account assignments) .)............

I didn't cleared it . In SRM Direct Mat & Indircet Mat is separted by just clicking on ORDER AS DIRECT MATERIAL" pushbutton in S/C or PO in Process PO.

If we want Direct Mat ( without AAC..which will inventory managed), then we must have to Click on "ORDER AS DIRECT MATERIAL" ...then in this case , there will not be any account assignment ! ...then how to clear the account assignment in the BADI ..?

Sorry I am confused ..it will be very appriciated if you can clarify , if possible

Regards

NAP

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

order as indirect - as normal shopping cart and develop one custom fields .

when you check this item PO will be created in ECC system without any accout assignment

SC create with account assignment with custom field - PO create in ECC without account assignment ( create PO badi clear the account assignment)

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are great Muthu !

For Self Service Proc i.e. S/C this will solve issue , also for creating PO in SRM ( Process Purchase Order) .hope .this will solve issue.

Now , in case of Plan Driven Proc (PDP) scenarion , Ext Req genering from MRP ..again Direct Materials ...how we can create backend PO ( CLASSIC SCERION) in this case ?

Waiting for your valuable input.

Regards

Narendra

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as we already discussed in the other thread, ext req out BADI assign dummy account assignment data and bring the shopping cart for direct material and assign the vendor in the cockpit and strip the accounting assignment before create a Purchase order in ECC

Workaround and work around . so we have to fool the SRM system by dummy account assignment for direct material shopping carts from ECC PRs to achieve this.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks . Problem will be almost solve.

Answers (0)