cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Chinese internationalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My NWDS ( 7.1 EHP 1 SP02) is not recognizing "zh" code which is the standard for Chinese. As such , I am unable to modify the .xlf file.However its working fine with other languages .

Has anyone come across this or has any suggestions for resolution.

Thanks and Regards,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chinese language has 2 codes zh and zh_cn. try with both of them.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

I tried with both codes but he problems persists.

Is there anything else I can try.

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After u copy paste the defualt .xlf file and rename it to <filename>_zh.xlf. are u able to change the language to chinese and change the text accordingly?

U also mentioned that u are able to modify for other languages except chinese.

1. After creating the chinese xlf file did u reload and deploy the project again?

2. Did u try changing the language of the browser to chinese and ran application again in a new window?

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

I have done 1 and 2.

I am able to change the language to Chinese using zh_TW . However when I try to edit an entry from resource text tab by copying the Chinese text to it and then save, the Chinese text disappears and I get English again.

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also had this problem of language changing back to English during Internationalization. Then we used to delete the existing project and get it again from the development configuration and it used to work.

Don't know the reason behind this crazy behavior. For the language we used Chinese instead of Chinese(Taiwan) in the Source Language of the .xlf file

Just try doing it once. It might even work for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved myself hence closing the thread.

Used zh_CN for the language code.

Himanshu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use zh_CN for simplified chinese (which u've done) and zh_HK for traditional chinese

RV