cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One User use all RFC connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some users use too many RFC connections in system so I want to limit RFC connection per user.

I saw profile parameter rdisp/rfc_max_own_login for that but it didnu2019t worked.

For one user connection were blocked by parameter rdisp/rfc_max_login (I saw it in Tcode SARFC).

Is there other parameter to limit RFC connection for one user, so other user cans still login?

Can I use parameter rdisp/rfc_max_own_login to limit synchronous RFC for one user?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

François BECKER

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frantzy,

Limit RFC users logon may represent a problem in future and sometimes it's not the right point to change.

A user on their SAPGUI will log on DIALOG but it isn't a RFC, and the parameters to limit this is about simultaneos login.

RFC is normally for services users, like interfaces, integrations, or batch operations from other systems.

In order to we understand what you need, please explain details about the problem that you can solve. Ex: A user when create invoices in batch on VF04 can run take usage of many Work Process on many servers according to customizing for this specific task, not RFC.

Regards, Fernando Da Ró

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

This issue occur in transaction VL33N. Sometime when user uses Environment -> Relationship Browser for an inbound delivery a lot RFC connection are created. So I want to secure system, when a user uses this transaction and issue occur, he doesn't lock other user.

In same time we work on this transaction to avoid this behaviour.

KR.

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

I think you can set the parameter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp to some value less than the total number of dialog processes you have on the system. It works this way. If you set this value to (say) 4, the dispatcher will check the number of available dialog work processes when it gets an rfc request. If there are 4 or fewer available dialog processes, the rfc request is placed in a queue until at least 5 dialog work processes are available (rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp +1). This will allow other users to use dialog processes while a lot of rfc's are being processed.

Execute RZ11, display rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp and check out the Documentation tab.

WL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

One more thing. In RZ11 you can change this parameter on the fly so you can test it quickly. Remember that if you set it dynamically, when you restart the system it will revert back to it's default value or whatever value it is set to in the parameter file.

WL

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frantzy,

Did you took into account the individual time (performance) of each RFC?

I think it's a good idea to check with SE30 / ST05 if is there a simple way to optimize the database access.

These many RFC's are to load the relationship simultaneos, to speed up exibition on VL33N, but when it have many links it will took some time, so an important task is tune each RFC for the best they can.

Imagine 100 RFC's, but imagine 100 RFC's in a second. It doesn't represent a problem, in other hand imagine each one taking 3 or 6 seconds to finish and you will run out of WP easily.

Regards, Fernando Da Ros

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did I post to the right blog?

Someone have an Idea about this issue?

Thank you