cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP12: Auto-provisioning failed for role with action "keep"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to keep an exisiting role for a user in CUP. It wasn't possible to change the validity of the role. Therefor you have to set parameter 145 value to 1 in database table VIRSA_AE_ERMCONFIG and refresh cache in CUP(solution with SP11).

But know we have problemes with the auto-provisioning.

We can enter the other validity of the role and after that the request provisioning failed. In our workflow the request rerouted to the admin because of escape-route settings. All other new roles in the request are assigned well to the user in the backend system.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Alexa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we actually have the same Problem, that changes to the role validity with action "keep" are not provisioned to the SAP system.

If it is only possible to change the validity with the action "add" it is not possible to limit the validity of a previously unlimited role. Because as you said another role with the new validity dates is simply added to the existing roles.

The only workaround would be to delete the old role and add a new one with new validity dates. But in my opinion this workaround is not acceptable for the users.

Best Regards

Jonas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexa,

to my knowlege this functionality is not available.

You can extend the role validity by choosing action ADD and it will be assigned a second time. However keep seems only be available for working with Reference users (Model my access by).

I'd be surprised if what you try to do works, as I have confirmation from SAP it is currently not possible to simply change the role validity (especially to limit the validity to a shorter period).

Regards

Daniela