cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use BusinessObjects credential mapping against Oracle 11g instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to setup a connection to an Oracle 11g instance from universe designer 12.1.0.882. My username and password to universe and DB instance is the same.

Connection type = Secured

Oracle 11g Client

Authentication Mode = Use BusinessObjects credential mapping

When I test connection, I get an error "The Server is not responding (SBO001)". Details tab say

"DBD: ORA-01017: Invalid username/password; logon denied".

The database instance is OID authenticated.

Has anyone come across this problem?

One guess- I had a similar problem with Oracle 10g forms server as well. turned out that forms 10g apps server was converting password to all upper case before trying to connect to the instance. Oracle 11g instance password are case sensitive and hence login was failing. With Oracle apps server, we were able to solve the problem by putting in a parameter to ignore password case. Is there something similar with BO server?

regards,

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

Did you come right with the Oracle case insensitive connection? I am at a client site and they are asking if I can create an Oracle case insensitive connection and need to know how to do this.

I have come right now. I have added the following into the parameters in the universe:

NTS_COMP = LINGUISTIC

NTS_SORT = BINARY_CI

When running a query the selection does not have to be case sensitive. eg. In the database it shows as "SOFTWARE" and if I run a query looking for "software" it returns the correct data.

Thanks

Sharon