SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIC0: Advice on Service Order Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured the CIC0, and its working ok. Anyway we are looking now to change some settings in order to get the most "friendly" transaction as we can.

In particular we want to improve the process for Service Order creation, in which we have two main concerns:

1 - Once we push the "Create Service Order" button in the CIC0 action box, the order is automatically created (we are using the method type ISUSMORDER and the method CREATEBYORDERCODE). We would like the system not to create it, but open directly the creation transaction, so if the user can cancel the creation if he seems something wrong. Any advice?

2 - The Equipment is mandatory for all de Service Orders, so anytime I create an order and I do not make a reference to a Equipment, the FOP crashes. Is there anyway to pop up a message and say: For Instalation XXXX there is no Equipment, Service Order creation cannot continue.

3 - Last but not least, is there anyway, when selecting a Customer in CIC0, to automatically copy on the clipboard the Installation number? (if there is more than one, will not be copied, like behaivour with Contract Account).

That's all for now....I hope you can help me...any info will be very helpful.

Thank you very much in advace,

Best regards,

Lucas

2 REPLIES 2

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

Regarding your first point: method type ISUSMORDER and the method CREATEBYORDERCODE

If you want to for example create the order in a way that the order creation dialog is executed so that in case of an exit without saving the order is not saved, this is not related to the CreateByOrderCode method because it simply does what is should do: Create service order based on order code in the background.

I suggest to check other methods like BUS2007.Create which are simply doing a call transaction but you have to keep in mind that you are loosing the benefits of all the IS-U order code customizing in this case.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards

Olivia

0 Kudos

Olivia,

Thanks for your answer.....it has been helpful so far.

I just wanted to ask you something else about CIC0....Is it possible when double-clicking on an element (for example a Print Document or Service Order), the system shows the display transaction of the element?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Lucas