cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 2004 ABAP Sneak compiling since ages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed the sneak on a Win Xp with 2 GB ram. Everything went fine. But when I logon with the sapgui (6.4) and call a transaction (se80) I need to wait for ages, because the gui say "compiling ... in separate task". It look like that the machine is compiling since 24 hours… is this normal?

Is there a chance to avoid this and compile everything straight away. Because working with this doesn't make that much fun...

Any experience out there concerning this issue...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If will compile for a couple miniutes, but not for 24 hours. Please make sure that you are at the latest gui patch and try again.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just downloaded the SAP Logon from the Sneak download page. I still have the same strange behaivier, that when I want to call se80 it compiles many programms first.

Every action I am doing, is followed by several compilings that can take up to 10 mins.

Is there a way to compile everything before using the miniSap? Is there a way to make the compiler faster... my CPU is at 15%?

Do I need the patches for the SAP Logon or the Sneak ABAP WAS? And where can I get them?

Message was edited by: Chris Sell

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can get sapgui patches from service.sap.com. I'm not sure that it will solve your problem, but it could be worth a shot. After starting your engine, the system will need to compile programs and objects that haven't been used already. This is normal behavior of an ABAP system.

There is a way that you can force the entire system to be compiled. Please see transaction SGEN.

Try doing the system compile before the sapgui patch.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your availavle free space in the dirve and increase your system physical virtual memory.

If possible, don't run any non sap services.

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the moment I am compiling with the sgen transaction "SAP_ABA". There are about 8400 objects, so it will take me about 3 days. That's pretty much. Is this normal?

At the end I just want to use the ABAP Workbenches. Is there a way to compile only them?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, just go to SE80, it will compile. Not sure why it is taking so long for you.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... maybe I just have to be a bit more patient.