cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system & connecters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am implementing GRC AC RAR 5.3, i need to connect my grc dev system to two back end systems(ecc6 dev, ecc qa)

how i need to create connectors.

should i use local system or do i need to create connecters seperately..

which one is the best approach.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikant,

You have to create connectors separately for each target system. Once connectors are created, you can combine them in one logical group.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Before creating connectors in RAR , please make sure that your Basis team has created corresponding JCO's for the target systems, else you cant able to create connectors.

Regards

Hari

0 Kudos

use the logical system feature if the physical systems will share the same rule set. it seems like in your case, the use of logical system would be beneficial (both are ECC systems). i would not use a logical system if one of the physical systems was an ECC system and the other was an SCM system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use of a Logical System can be helpful even if you have a mix of ECC, BW, SRM, CRM specifically in the area of the BASIS rules. I would imagine that in most cases, the basis rules for all ABAP systems should be the same. In this case, you can have a Logical System for your BASIS rules only and attach all of the systems. You can then either connect NON BASIS rules to a physical system, or if there is a possibility of additional systems that would use the same rules, you can create a logical system for the NON BASIS rules and attach the physical system. Then when the next system is brought into scope, you would build the connector and add the system to the existing logical system. This will eliminate the need to upload rules for the new system as it will be part of the logical system. This in effect allows for scalability.

One very important point to note would be any rule where you would have Cross-System rules as there is a limitation that you cannot have a Cross System rule between systems in the same Logical System.

Edited by: Kevin Tucholke on Aug 10, 2010 12:50 PM