cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing ABAP Webdynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a typical requirement, In one of our WDA there is requirement of updating one field on a timely basis say every 15secs(using time trigger UI) also we have one input field in the same View, but the problem is when refresh triggers the any user inputs in the eligible field turns to zero. Is there any way to protect the users input while doing a refresh?

Also I have tried another way, incorporating two different view in one main view where in the first view I am using the auto refresh functionality, this way I am able to keep users input in the eligible input field in the 2nd view but the cursor in that field always comes to the left which is a problem for the user to give any inputs. Do you have any solutions to achieve this functionality. Looking forward to your help.

Regards

PuspaSouravBiswas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

We have tried that, but unfortunately if I don't press the enter then inputs are not considered and coming as a blank in the field where we are trying to read. Are there any other way to read the inputs even when there is not enter is pressed?

Regards

PuspaSourav Biswas

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried separating the two fields into different views - as refresh logic is called on a view by view basis (a view is the lowest "AJAX" type component - all of view gets refreshed - but refreshing of one view should not refresh a separate view.)

I'm honestly not sure it will work, but I would definitely give it a try - let us know if it does work!

Cheers,

Chris