cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only loading part of the SU24 Static_text file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing a new install of GRC 5.3 SP12 RAR and when I try to load the SU24 static_text file, it has 89,000+ lines, i am only seeing 23,000 lines in the VIRSA_CC_OBJTEXT table.

This is being loaded to an Oracle database.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to load more data I git this: (it is only the first third or so)

Cannot assign an empty string to host variable 2.

com.virsa.cc.rulearchitect.bo.ObjectTextBO.insertObjectText(ObjectTextBO.java:84)

com.virsa.cc.comp.UploadTexts.onActionUploadTextObjs(UploadTexts.java:340)

com.virsa.cc.comp.wdp.InternalUploadTexts.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalUploadTexts.java:170)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doHandleActionEvent(WindowPhaseModel.java:420)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:132)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:335)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:143)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:319)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:713)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:666)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:250)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same problem with RAR 5.3 SP 12. What I did to import all Data in RAR is..

1. Start CCDebugger an run the SQL Statmen SELECT * FROM VIRSA_CC_OBJTEXT and disable the check box "limit for 1000 rows" to have the last importet entrie.

2. Open the TEXT File with Objekt-Descriptions (Extract from /VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_DESC) and copy the rest of imported data in a new TXT File.

3. Import again and see how it works ..

BR.

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clark,

There is definitely an issue with the text file. Try as Ibrahim suggested and at least you would be able to identify the problem area.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will.

But is this an issue with SP12 as I get the same results if I use a local file or the sever file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clark,

This error signifies that there is some empty value in the file which is getting uploaded into the table and system is not able to do so. Kindly try the following:

1. Open the file in notepad.

2. click save as and then in the encoding select "UTF-8"

3. SAVE the file.

4. Try uploading this file now.

If still the error continues then you will have to identify the line item in the file which is having empty value. you can use a good editor such as Edit plus for the same.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once I saved the file in UTF-8 format using notepad it loaded fine.

Thanks for all the responses on this issue. And once again this forum answered an issue I had.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get an error message at the bottom during import?