cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between the synchronous inbound and synchronous outbound..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I'm confused between synchronous inbound and synchronous outbound, this is creating issues while assigning the communication channel i.e., how many channels should be created ...?

please Provide the input for the same.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Lalit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I'm confused between synchronous inbound and synchronous outbound, this is creating issues while assigning the 
communication channel i.e., how many channels should be created ...?

Sender <> PI <> Receiver ....SYNC communication

For the above SYNC communication you will need one Sender Channel and one Receiver Channel.

Exceptions are the FILE & JDBC (Sender) and IDOC communications

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Synchronous outbound interface represents flow from sender to PI and response from PI to sender.

Synchronous inbound represents flow from PI to target and target to PI.

if you see the message types under Synchronous interface you will find two message types , one message type would be for request and other would be response message type.

For e.g, outbound synchronous interface will have two message types, where one will be for request message type which represents what message type PI is receiving and other message type will be for response message type, which represents what message type PI is sending to sender(source).

As Raja, said creation of communication channel depends upon adapters we use, but normally in case of synchronous cases we do not create communication channels for response message flow, we only create comm. channel for request message flow i.e. Sender ->PI->Receiver.

Divyesh Vasani

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Synchronous Inbound:Whenever you send a data to target it will give response message,you can send this response message to Source,in this case you have to define your outbound service interface as synchronous. else you can stop the response message in Integration engine level it self,in this case you no need to develop any response message mapping.

Synchronous outbound:In this case your target will give response message,you will send your response message to source.

communication channel it depends on which adapter you use,some adapter will work syn mode in this case extra adapter not required.

Regards,

Raj