cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

significance of /sapapo/om_delete_old_simsess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Could you pls explain me the significance of the report "/sapapo/om_delete_old_simsess".

can i use the same to solve the DP locking problems?

Thanks,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

The basic purpose of this programme is to delete periodically the hanging

transactional Simulations.

Whenever user carries out simulations in transactional level, sometimes

data will get locked or hanged depending upon the situation.

Such scenarios can be corrected using this programme

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

inspite of running this report, the users are getting locked frequently, how to overcome this..pls advice me..

vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vignesh,

Start by reviewing https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/200347 and the other notes attached to it.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vignesh,

This doc contains reference to /sapapo/om_delete_old_simsess (page 24). This program is a Basis tool that is used to maintain the efficiency of the system. It may or may not have an impact on your DP locks.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000567062006E

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Report /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_OLD_SIMSESS can be used to clean up the unused simulation version in the liveCache and transactional context in the database table. Notes 1029856, 1254079 and 1354893 describe how to trace locking problems in demand planning.

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

could not find the two notes 1254079 and 1354893 ..says internal purpose only..any other work around

Thanks,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Some times the jobs fail due to user locak and inspite of user not in the system,.

Such problem arises due to obsolete lock entries present for the planning version, which may occur if the sessions has not finished correctly.

By running the report /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_OLD_SIMSESS we can solve such user lock problems.

Regards,

Chetana