cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume External WebService in MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a project which has 3 layers. SAP - MII - Third Party Software.

There are 4 WebServices created in the Third Party software. The WebServices will be consumed in MII with the WSDL. There is a BLT created for each and the WebService in MII is consumed in SAP.

The WSDL generated in MII by default provides the name 'Xacute_Request' and Xacute_Response. So when it is consumed in SAP all of them have the same name and this makes it duplicate in SAP.

Is there a way to change the name of the WebService in MII from Xacute_.. to something else ?.

Any experiences/documentation in this area would be helpful.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have to change the name after you generate each proxy in SAP:

[Naming Proxy Objects|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dm40/helpdata/en/de/5a5f3c482a7331e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario that I am facing has been discussed in the forum before.

this is a bug in SAP. Though the proxy name can be changed in SAP, the Namespace is defaulted to XacuteWSsoap for all the services. As a result each service needs to be consumed in a different SAP Package or Sub Package.

Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I understand that you are trying to consume MII BLT (it is also a web service) in SAP ECC.

Each BLT has different url in MII.

Below is typical web service address of MII.

http://host:port/XMII/WSDLGen/BLT

if BLT is in some foders, you must place folder names between WSDLGen and BLT.

When you pull MII web service in a target system, you can give different variable names for it.

That time same parameter names are not problem.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I pull the WSDL from MII into SAP there is no option to change the name of the WebService.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

in addition to cml_bzl, above you said there are 4 BLTs which consume the Webservices from the 3rd party. In MII each BLT is a Webservice, so you have 4 different Webservices which can be consumed in SAP.

This way you already have different Webservices and do not need to rename anything. You can consume those different Webservices in SAP. Following Mikes comment you would then implement the logic for inbound processing of the MII Webservices in SAP.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

why do you need different names for the webservices?

You may build 4 different inbound processes in SAP, or if you only have one inbound process, you can add a node in the XacuteResponse to evaluate the contents. Would this be an option for you?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did consider that approach. Each WebService has different number or Parms. Having a common BLT will require additional logic to be incorporated in MII.

I want to find out if there is a way to change the Xacute. If this is standard provided by SAP then it is a flaw. If there is a way to change it then I am missing something in config.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like that additonal logic is going to have to be somewhere. You can put it in the transaction, WSDL, or in SAP. Parsing is parsing...

I do not believe the logic needs to be overly complex from your description.

Regards,

Mike