cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP Connection to PDK for .NET 3.0 Runtime Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently evaluating the options to deploy .NET-based applications as iViews onto SAP NetWeaver portal. For this, I use the SAP NetWeaver 7.0-Java-VMware-Trial with EP 7.0 SP11 on SUSE Linux, MS Visual Studio 2008 with PDK for .NET 3.0 on Windows 7, and as an additional system, the .NET Runtime on Windows XP.

When configuring the systems according to the installation instructions, it became clear that the EP Portal could not reach the .NET Runtime, in spite of, IMO, correct settings and no firewalls in place. I checked the settings (default ports) a few times, my colleagues crosschecked them. The .NET Runtime is running. The Portal error message from the .NET Runtime Service Configuration page says that the Runtime could not be reached, regardless which Runtime (on XP or on Windows 7) I used.

I then used the Management Console to check if I could reach the .NET Runtime from one PDK installation to the other, but could not get a connection, either. So it cannot be just a wrong setting in the EP. Also, when I try to use the Management Console to connect to "This computer", it does not connect. only when I connect to the same computer selecting the option "Connect to a remote server" and then specify the IP address of the local computer, it works.

Does anybody have an idea what I can look for now?

Best regards,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry for the bad formatting of my previous posting. I tried to re-type it, but it always ends up this way.

Two additions: The Portal error message from the .NET Runtime Service Configuration page was

".Net Runtime server: <ip address>:8050 did not respond. Make sure the server is running and configures correctly"

I also installed the Runtime server on a Windows Server 2003 system. This can connect to "This computer", but I don't get a connection to the EP.

Best regards,

Dirk

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Could you please write here all EP configuration parameters that you have configured in Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET configuration page ? Did you restart iViewProcessorService after updating EP configuration ?

Regards,

Rima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

okay:

Portal Servers List:

Portal Node; Host:Port

<empty>; localhost:8051

.NET Runtime Servers List:

*; <IP>:8050

Allow Server Affinity: Checked

Display ASP.NET Stack on ASP.NET Error: Unchecked

Enable Ja.NET Logging: Unchecked

Production Mode: Checked

Request Timeout: 5000

Lease Duration: 5

Yes, I did restart the iViewProcessorService after making any changes.

Thanks for your reply!

Dirk

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I would suggest you to fix it in a following way: in Portal Servers

<PortalNode ID>; <PortalServer IP>:8051

When you restart iViewProcessorService, you can see <PortalNode ID> written in the status line.

Regards,

Rima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

thanks for the hint, but unfortunately nothing changed, I still get the same error message. I restarted the iViewProcessorService after saving the new preferences with the portal node ID and IP address, of course.

Regards,

Dirk

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I would suggest you to check "Enable Ja.NET Logging" option, save settings and restart iViewProcessorService. After that select .NET Server node and click "Check Server". What do you get ? Search in default.trc file for meaningfull messages related to com.sap.portal.dotnet*

Regards,

Rima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

again, thanks for your help. I tried it, but I don't have a default.trc file anywhere. The only *.trc file in the whole netweaver folder that contains "dotnet" is responses.1.trc (no error messages there).

I guess I have to look for the logging system, since I also cannot start logviewer (I have to configure JAVA_HOME, I think).

Best regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

I finally configured the LogViewer and now I can view the log files. However, I did not find default.trc, only two defaultTrace.trc files. The defaultTrace.trc file from the dispatcher contains a JMX connector exception concerning the Portal node ID: Unable to de-serialize request parameters. But no messages related to com.sap.portal.dotnet*

Could the exception have something to do with the connection problem?

Or can you tell me where to find default.trc?

Best regards, and thanks for your help,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we finally solved this problem with the help of Rima.

It turned out the the standard maximum number of open files in this preconfigured NetWeaver 7.0-Java-VMware-Trial was only 1024. You can check this with

ulimit -n -H

This is a SUSE Enterprise Linux system, so I had to add the following lines to /etc/security/limits.conf:

# increase max. no. of open files for EP/.NET connection
* hard nofile 8193

If you have a Solaris machine, you have to change /etc/system. Add

set rlim_fd_max=8193
set rlim_fd_cur=8193

You have to reboot to get it working.

Thanks again,

Dirk

Answers (0)