cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

route redetermination at delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we are planning to carry out route - re determination at the delivery level based on shipping point considering the weight groups and not based on delivery type.

there is a user exit in standard SAP (EXIT_SAPL0VRF_001) that does the customer specific route re determination by data transferred from delivery header and also from sales order.

the question is whether the SAP user exit will be sufficient to carry a route re determination at delivery level by checking the shipping point or is any new Zprogram needed to satisfy the requirement.

If i need a zprogram, is it mandatory to have any special Ztables to read the shiiping point at the delivery or can the zprogram be created with no special Ztables, so that it checks the shipping point in the delivery header to carry out delivery level route redetermination.

Pl. advise.

Thanks,

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding there's no difference between route determination in sales order and delivery, system considers the same inputs to determine the route based on logic defined in config.

One key factor in route detrmination is the departure transportation zone which comes from the shipping point (SPRO > Transportation > Basic Transportation Functions > Routes > Route Determination > Maintain Country And Transportation Zone For Shipping Points; V_TVST_RF).

Since the departure transportation zone comes from shipping point, you can define a different transportation zone for each of yourshipping points and thus your problem is solved w/o any user exit.

If the "solution" described is not acceptable you can go to development - whether you need a separate z-table to define your logic or the program code is "enough", you should find out based on how many shipping points you have, how sophisticated your logic is. I feel you would need such z-table if you have several shipping points and each of them need some different route determined.

Please also note that in case of user exit there might be so called check tables (z-check tables) in your system which check table might be suitable to maintain the rules you need (if you do not know what a z-check table is (concerning user exists, BADIs), please ask your skilled ABAPer who should know what I'm speaking about) - in this case there's no need for a new z-table.

Just my opinion...

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Aug 10, 2010 8:30 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

was able to solve. very good answers.

Thanks

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard, in delivery, route determination is done by:

departure zone(from shipping point) + transportation zone(ship-to) + shipping condition (from sold-to party) + transprotation group (from material master)

Departure zone is assigned to shipping point. If each shipping point is assigned to an unique departure zone, you can define route determination by different departure zone (it's the same as determined by shipping point).

If each shipping point is not assigned to an unique departure zone, or if you have other special requirement, you can use that userexit to develop Z-coding.

In that userexit, I_LIKP contains the shipping point of delivery. You can directly use it. Then you can set the result in e_route.

I don't think it's necessary to add your own z-table.

For more information, please check the IMPORT parameters of EXIT_SAPL0VRF_001.

Regards,

Harry Wu