cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element not Settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with the WBS Element settlement.

I have a project with the structure:

Level 3 --> Settlement --> Level 2

Level 2 --> Settlement --> Level 1

Level 1 --> Settlement --> Level 1 (other in the same project)

Level 1 --> Settlement --> Level 2

Level 2 --> Settlement --> Level 3

Level 3 --> Settlement --> Asset

In this project I have about 4000 WBS Elements. When I execute the CJ8G for "n" projects with the same structure, the CJ8G for the some projects not completely settled and no error messages are displayed.

When I execute the CJI3, the not settled amount is stopped in the Level 3, for example. I execute the CJ8G again and the project is completely settlement.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

regards,

Alexandre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

instead of the convoluted approach

try settling level 3 red to level 3 green to asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

So, I need the both structures. The first structure is my controlling structure e the other is my accounting structure. The movements occurs in the controlling structure (budget controle) and in the closing period I transfer those movements to the accounting structure. These structures have different characteristics.

Alexandre

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why can't you do both controlling and controlling from one structure?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though you want to use two structure, but why you want to first roll up the cost from lower lever to 1st level WBS , then settle it to another 1st level, then roll down it from 1st level to 3rd level..Why do you want to carryout all these things?..I would go by Virendra's suggestion, Level 3 green > Level 3 red > asset.

If you follow your methodology, system performance may affect since you have around 4000 WBS Elements,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because the structures are different and the settlement rules are also different.

See in the green level that I settle from the lowest to the highest level. This settlements are PEP to PEP.

When I transfer to the red Level 1, the settlements occur from the highest level to the lowest level. In this structure I have settlement to the cost center, account and assets (account structure).

The controlling structure is used in day-by-day and this structure is designed based on the business. The accounting structure is used to calculate the accounting result and advertising to market.

Alexandre

Edited by: Leandro Mello on Aug 9, 2010 7:06 PM

Edited by: Leandro Mello on Aug 9, 2010 7:52 PM