cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket SAP Solution Manager 7.0 to SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to migrate all tickets from SAP Solution Manager 7.0 to SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 , please let me know the procedure how to migrate it.

DB Detail

SAP Solution Manager 7.0 - MSSQL( 9.00.4035)

SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 - MSSQL(10.00.2531)

Thanks,

Kaleel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You'll not lose the tickets. You can proceed normally with the upgrade.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Mohamed,

I was reading the post and the replies and while I think your question has been answered, I just want to make sure what you are trying to achieve. Is it a migration, where you have one Solution Manager system on SAP Solution Manager 7.0 and another

SAP Solution Manager EHP1 system and you were looking to migrate the Service Desk messages?

If you are "Upgrading" one system from Solution Manager 7.0 to EHP1 then all the messages are preserved.

If you are "Migrating" to a physically different system, then transfer of Service Desk Messages is not supported.

Please see the document [SAP Solution Manger- Conent Transfer|https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000608232009E]

Also Service Desk is a completely independent CRM Service, so the messages could always be archived, as has been suggested.

No depending on your scenario, is the EHP1 system brand new or is it already productive? If it was brand new, you might be able to do a homogenous system copy, and then upgrade the new system to EHP1. But if it is already productive, this would not be an option.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Regards,

Paul

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

Tickets of Service desk/ ChaRM?

It seems you are doing an upgrade but not a migration if its gonna happen in the same system.

If is an upgrade, plz give more information about your current SP level and your target EHP1 SP level, Normally, no tickets will be lost, but the new fonctionnalties need to be adjusted.

By the way, its always possible to archieve the tickets like standard CRM tickets.