cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a SOAP call using the PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please tell me how can we make a SOAP call using the PI 7.1?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are looking for SOAP lookup in PI 7.1, right?

If yes, check following blog from Jin Shin:

SAP PI 7.1 Mapping Enhancements Series: Graphical Support for JDBC and RFC Lookups

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

Regards

Liang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Do you want to call a webservice from PI?

In this case, Pi has to send SOAP request to webservice.

If this is your requirement then you have to use SOAP receiver adapter in this case.

Thanks,

Divyesh Vasani

madhubabun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an External definition and import that WSDL into the same.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to make a SOAP call using the PI 7.1 .

Can you please tell me how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked into the guide?

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shweta,

Could you please clarify your question? Do you mean you need to call some business system from PI via SOAP? Or do you need to test integration model using SOAP client?

If the requirement is to make a SOAP call to PI (send SOAP request to PI system), please refer to the guide which Stefan suggested in his post. The general procedure is the following:

1. generate concrete WSDL in PI (you can do it via PI's Integration Directory);

2. import generated WSDL to SOAP client (e.g. XML Spy described in the guide or soapUI which is free SOAP client);

3. create SOAP request message in the SOAP client and send it to the endpoint (in this case, it will be sent to PI).

This is general procedure for making SOAP calls to SAP PI using external SOAP clients. Please advise if specified steps should be described in more details or if there are any questions from your side regarding them.

If the question is about calling business system from PI via SOAP, then please refer to SAP Help, configuration of SOAP receiver::

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

My regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan and Vadim,

Thanks for your replies

I have WSDL,so I need not create it.Also,I need to make a SOAP call from PI without using the SOAP client.

Can you please tell me howcan I make a SOAP call using the PI?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have WSDL,so I need not create it.Also,I need to make a SOAP call from PI without using the SOAP client.

What do you mean by SOAP call from PI? Could you elaborate your requirement?

-- Abhi