cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction to SAP web-services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies if the content of this post seem way too basic for the forum but I've been finding that lots of the available documentation assumes more knowledge than I have and was hoping somebody here might be able to very quickly point me in the right direction.

My situation is this - I've been tasked with integrating my companies software product with a theoretical SAP CRM system, effectively I have to set-up our software so that any future clients can link our software to a SAP CRM by entering as little information about their SAP system as possible and requiring no further (or again, as little as possible) customisation by us. Our system has specific integration points at which it can connect to a CRM system, to search for a retrieve customer information, to submit and create cases (if a customer interaction has been recorded in our software rather than directly in SAP) and to update existing cases.

So my question is does a SAP CRM system provide any standard web-service type interfaces that would support those kind of interactions and that I could configure against expecting most/all SAP instances to support? And, if so, where can I find information about those interfaces?

So far the documentation around Netweaver and XI/PI that I've read seem to specifically talk about custom web-services configured and defined by a SAP user, meaning that each SAP instance could have a completely different set of web-services available and I couldn't work against any assumed default, is this the case?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

effectively I have to set-up our software so that any future clients can link our software to a SAP CRM by entering as little information about their SAP system as possible

You may have a central SLD maintaining all the system information. If you want to involve PI, then you may have interfaces of all SAP systems with PI and then connect the new systems based on the protocol supported.

So my question is does a SAP CRM system provide any standard web-service type interfaces that would support those kind of interactions

There is a CRM component called as CRM Middleware which may provide some webservie interface, but you can get related information in CRM forum. So you need to post it there.

Your requirement is not very clear. Would you like to explain a bit more about it?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put very simply, I need to know if there are a set of web-services that I can expect every SAP CRM installation to have available and, if so, where I would find documentation for those web-services. So far the only documentation I've found relating to SAP publishing web-services covers how to create and publish custom services. The work I'm trying to do is to integrate our 3rd party product with a generic SAP system so that it can be expected to be able to interact with any SAP installation rather than having to tailor to different, admin-created custom web-services on each new SAP installation we come across.

I'll look into the CRM middleware, thanks, previous advice I'd been given was that XI/PI was the place to look but if that's not correct I'll look elseware.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I need to know if there are a set of web-services that I can expect every SAP CRM installation to have available

The only business process related webservices could be found in ES Workplace which you may search on SDN. These are the standard services provided by SAP. SAP PI can then be used for communciation of these webservices with any external system.

previous advice I'd been given was that XI/PI was the place to look

SAP PI is a middleware and therefore the business logic should not reside at SAP PI. So you cannot expect the webservices to be hosted at PI.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)