cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to SOL-EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement of upgrading the existing solution manager which is 7.0 - SP17 to EHP1 level.

Appreciate if you shred some light so that we could start this process.

When I check the SP stacks on SAP Service Market Place I don't see the SP18. It shows support packs EHP1 19 to EHP1 - 24 after SP17.

Should I use SAPEPhi tool for this ?

What is the best document to refer for this SP stack upgrade ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards

Kushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Kushan

Please, pay attention to an important point.

1169247 - Additional info for Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 update

o Using the Enhancement Package Installer (EHPI)

- You can perform the update only using SAINT and JSPM. Using the EHPI is not intended and is not supported. Ignore the corresponding message in transaction SAINT.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Mateus,

Thanks a lot for correcting me... accidently mixed with the info of Netweaver ehp1.

Dear Kushan,

Sorry for the wrong info mentioned earlier. It is not recommended to user installer for ehp1 in solman. Refer 1245473.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev and Mateus,

Thanks a lot for your valuable information and I truly appreciate the same.

I will check this and let you know.

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> When I check the SP stacks on SAP Service Market Place I don't see the SP18. It shows support packs EHP1 19 to EHP1 - 24 after SP17.

>Check this path to find SPS18 - http://service.sap.com/swdc-- Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP Technology Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1--Link to SP stack application.

Note 1244225 - Solution Manager 7.0 EhP 1: recommended corrections

> Should I use SAPEPhi tool for this ?

You can use. Also you can go ahead with classic SPAM/SAINT method too.

>

> What is the best document to refer for this SP stack upgrade ?

You can find the required documents and demo from here:

http://service.sap.com/instguidesSAP ComponentsSAP Solution Manager.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

Do we have to manually patch the system to SP18 and then move forward with EHP1 patches or can we directly

go from SP17 to the latest available EHP1 patches using SP STACK download option and then use SPAM/SAINT ?

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Do we have to manually patch the system to SP18 and then move forward with EHP1 patches or can we directly

> go from SP17 to the latest available EHP1 patches using SP STACK download option and then use SPAM/SAINT ?

Yes , you can directly go the required patch level. The only condition is you need to take to system first to SPS17 and then to the required level. I hope you are using maintenance optimizer for downloading as it will calculate the queue for you. Also do not forget to read the note which I mentioned in the last post.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev,

That's so nice of you to reply to my question so quickly. We are already on SP17. So I will use the maintenance optimizer to calculate the stack.

Once this is done I will get back to you.

Thanks a lot once again.

Regards

Kushan