Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to idoc, file format?

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying a simple file to idoc scenerio in which I will be getting a file from legacy system and idoc will captrure the data from the file and post it into master data using a function module.

But I am not sure about the file format. I don't know in what format should I make a file and place it on the legacy path.

Could you please tell wheather that file should be pipe delimited or tab delimited.

Regards,

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lokesh,

The data format will be mentioned by your Legacy team. No need to think about the limiters.

Thanks,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Could you please tell wheather that file should be pipe delimited or tab delimited.

I'd prefer printable delimiters as it is easer to configure in file content conversion, but you have to make sure that the delimiter cannot be part of the content. If you are not sure, use tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

It really doesn't matter if you pick tabs or pipes as delimiter, as long as you pick a character that won't appear in the data. Check the library here on how to convert the file into xml for internal processing in XI: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

kr,

Peter Glas

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ask your legacy team ,they will help you to know the data format.

Regards,

Raj