Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding JAVA / ABAP srvers into Domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Greetings...

we have installed Nw7.0EHP1 in 2 different systems (ABAP/JAVA) in work group.

Is it possible to add those systems into Domain ?

if possible, do i need to change any configuraion ? (like, ABAP, JAVA connections)

while configuring ABAP/JAVA integration, we have maintained "icm/host_name_full" parameter with including Domain name (though systems were not in Domain)

Now we able to access portal like"http://<host_name>.<domain.com>:50000/irj/portal"

But, when we trying to access some tabs in portal, the screen reverting to new page and displaying CANNOT FIND SERVER (address bar showing same details correctly which i logged in initially).

Possible inputs from my side:

ABAP SID : ABC (192.168.22.40), JAVA SID: XYZ (192.168.115.36)

Suggest me, how to proceed by adding these 2 systems into Domain and is there any changes shoud required ?

Regards,

Nagarjuna Gorantla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Suggest me, how to proceed by adding these 2 systems into Domain and is there any changes shoud required ?

A SAP system runs under a specific user - SAPService<SID>. This user has a unique UID assigned on the local machine. If you put the system into the domain, that UID will change and all settings are invalidated; this includes registry permissions, permissions on files and user assignments.

For this reason you must do a homogeneous system copy to put the system into the domain:

Note 1233320 - Domain migration for SAP system

Markus