Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Administrator missed in PI 7.1

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I started to configure one of our PI systems for Central Monitoring.

To integrate this system in CEN I will need to register CCMSR Agent using Visual Administrator. I searched on my local server, but appear that in this version PI doesn't come with Visual Administrator installed.

Could you please tell me how can I register CCMS agent for JAVA system without Visual Administrator.

I tried also to register this agent manually using sapccmsr -j2ee -R pf=<path to instance profile>, but I get errors.

Could you please tell me how to proceeds?

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Netweaver 7.1 onwards, Visual Administrator has been completely replaced by Netweaver Administrator. (http://host:port/nwa)

For PI 7.11, please follow the following link from SAP Help Library to setup central monitoring:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/cbb48acea80783e10000000a42189d/content.htm

Regards,

Shitij

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

Thank you your response, but can you please tell me how to register the CCMS Agent for this PI 7.1 using NWA?

Is enough to register CCMS Agent only in JAVA system to be able to configure the PI Monitoring?

Is required to register CCMS Agent for ABAP system (this system is dual Stack)?

I am a little confused about informations transferred to CEN system without the CCMS Agents. It is possible that these monitoring informations to be transferred without CCMS Agents? For example in my CEN system (Solution Manager), In RZ20 I am able to see the monitoring alerts from PI satellite systems. (and there is no CCMS agents registered for these PI systems).

Please correct me if I am wrong.Is there used informations from SMSY to transfer the alerts? (These PI systems already configured IN SMSY for monitoring).

Thank you,

Regards,

Florin Radulea

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anderson,

Thank you for this information.

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Florine,

Were you able to set up the ccms/GRMG monitoring for 711 systems ?

Please let me know how this is done .

Dev

Answers (0)