cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is sdn blog not work now?

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When I click Expert Blogger Home http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/sdnweblogs/postweblog

Always display this:

You must login to SDN before posting a weblog.

If you are a registered member, please log in to continue. If you are not a registered member of SDN or BPX Community, please take a few minutes to register.

What's wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It works now.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hooray!

I can finally show people the darn double rainbow images that were in my blog!

Thank you to whoever finally installed the new certificate!

Former Member
0 Kudos

More than 2 days to change a certificate, what a performance....

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Mozilla Firefox its not working, once check it. And the pictures in blogs are not displaying no web log is opening properly. now i got this error for http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/sdnweblogs/postweblog

Secure Connection Failed

weblogs.sdn.sap.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

• This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

• If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Or you can add an exceptionu2026

i checked with clearing the cache in Mozilla but no use

Fyi in IE its working

Regards

mahesh(250)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means that "TC TrustCenter Class 2 CA" is not a so well known certification authority !

Add the certification authorities (sub CA and root) in the Firefox repository and it should be OK...

Regards,

Olivier

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This certainly was an ugly administrative error.

All we are left to say is that we regret (as deeply as our community members were inconvenienced) the delay.

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means that "TC TrustCenter Class 2 CA" is not a so well known certification authority !

Add the certification authorities (sub CA and root) in the Firefox repository and it should be OK...

added TC trust center Certificate and now blogs are working fine and images are also displaying.

regards

Mahesh.

Edited by: maheshchandra.lanco on Aug 23, 2010 3:44 PM

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am also getting an error. it shows like below.

Secure Connection Failed

weblogs.sdn.sap.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 8/7/2010 4:18 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

• This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

• If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Or you can add an exceptionu2026

You should not add an exception if you are using an internet connection that you do not trust completely or if you are not used to seeing a warning for this server.

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That looks soooo professional !

One more story of the shoemaker having the worst shoes...

SAP management should really use SDN : they would learn a lot of things !

Olivier

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more story of the shoemaker having the worst shoes...

Check one more shoe pair in sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn home page

it still showing

planned Downtime

The SCN forum's will be offline for 4 to 8 hours for maintenance on Saturday, August 7 starting At ...........

may be Sunday Effect

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possibly this process uses the advertizing realestate on SDN for "internal" customers as well and the minimum rental of space is for 1 week?

Cheers,

Julius

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like there is an expired certificate installed serving the SSL of the weblogs.sdn.sap.com servers.

Certificate expired: Saturday, 7 August 2010 8:48:03 PM

Subject:CN = weblogs.sdn.sap.com

OU = SAP

OU = SAP Managed Services

OU = SAP Trust Community

O = SAP AG

L = Walldorf

C = DE

Hopefully a new certificate can be acquired and installed soon...

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This does look to be an expired certificate issue.

I've notified platform and blog support.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The issue still continues.. not able to view the junior blogger section.. Even SDN is responding very slow I think the stars bought some sort of 'weight' to SDN..

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In some blogs the images are not displayed because their URL use HTTPS with the expired certificate.

By the way I really don't understand how this SDN site is managed. Is it so difficult to get a reminder in time to renew a certificate because is will expire soon ? I do it on my own systems.

Is the exploitation of SDN outsourced ?

The number of problems and bugs, we, active members, experiment so often is really very strange for such a big company as SAP.

Before changing very often the look and functionality, the priority should be given to fix the bugs in the system and the performance issue. (the counter of messages per thread is still wrong after several months...)

Today, the SDN forums are soooooooo slow (1 minute response time for each click) that it's nearly unusable.

I'm sorry to seem so negative but these are just facts and as I had already said, it is very important because of the showcase effect of SDN.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Still the blog is down due to expired certificate...

neither the blogger home page nor the expert blog page is appearing..

when we would be able to download and install this certificate? 4rth day and counting..

Regards,

Pushkar

Edited by: Pushkar Patil on Aug 11, 2010 1:25 PM

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still no joy...

What is happening here - I've had similar issues at clients where they have forgotten to renew their portal certificates and HTTPS stopped working - and it took us less than 24 hours to get a new certificate and install it.

Is SAP in need of some consulting help here? I can offer some very attractive rates

N.B. Idea Place is also suffering from a similar issue

the issuer of the HTTPS certificate for ideas.sap.com is not trusted by my browser. I'm not going to start installing new root certificates, can't SAP just use a company that the rest of the world already trusts?

CN = TC TrustCenter Class 2 L1 CA XI

OU = TC TrustCenter Class 2 L1 CA

O = TC TrustCenter GmbH

C = DE