cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to View COGS Value???

samjalees2000
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any way we can view the value of the material(cogs) in the system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the delivery, COGS value is updated during PGI.

During PGI, a material document is created, for which an accounting document is created.

This material document can be seen in MB03, or accounting document in FS03.

Correspondingly the values of these documents can be seen in the fields MSEG-DMBTR or BSEG-DMBTR respectively for material document or accounting document.

You can find out the accounting document for material document from the table MKPF where material document number should be given as input in the field MKPF-XBLNR

samjalees2000
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes,I know we can see the cogs value at the accoutning document but basically I wanted to know whether it is mantain somewhere else where I can view it before performing the transaction as basically I want to create a report compraing the actual cost(cogs) and sale price(distributor price).

I have heard it is present in the material master???If not,then there must be some place where the system brings the value to hit the accounts after pgi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

The value is basically a dynamic value...

It depends on your Stock Valuation Strategy... (moving average or Standard... )

Check in Material master - Accounting Screen... Here you can see the Standard Price & Moving Average price...

If it a Moving Average Price, then it would be different after each Purchase & sales transaction is executed...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In account tab- of MM record- you can check the value

Check in sales order/delivery order condition tab ex. VPRS condition type

Thanks

Chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of Delivery/PGI, COGS entries are passed. You can check the accounting document from there. Go to the document flow & display the accounting document.

Thanks & regards,

Hussain

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

In the Account Document of your Delivery Document, the Accounting Entry would be:

Cost of Gods Sold A/c

To Stock A/c.

Here in this Accounting entry you can see the Cost of Goods Sold value that has hit the Profit & Loss A/c as a result of the Sales (Delivery) of Goods.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta