cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel messages in adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have implemented an interface with file connector. Since one week, all messages are hanged in the adapter engine with status TO BE DELIVERED.

I tried to cancel but the folowing error message appears :

Could not fail message. Reason: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Could not fail message 0013211d-2dc8-1def-a8a4-938b4635c3af(INBOUND), as triggered by admin action. Reason: Predecessor not in final state.

This interface is a proxy from ECC6-->csv file and i can't see the corresponding messaging in any queues SMQ1..

They are only available in the RWB/message monitoring/adapter engine

Can you tell me how to process these messages or cancel ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the issue is resolved

There was a shadow process on the OS not responding.

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikee,

Restart your Java engine, that will push the messages.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ HareenKumar,

Restart your Java engine, that will push the messages.

This is not the first time that I notice that you copy your answer from whatever others are saying. Even if you copy, at least change the wordings

So, please don't write if you don't have any new idea to share with forum.

-- Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mikee,

Can you tell me how to process these messages or cancel ?

Re-start the Java engine, that will push out the stuck messages for delivery.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>Predecessor not in final state.

The scenario seems to be EOIO. Please check for all the messages processed for the interface in the past and check for the message in error status. You'll have to cancel that message first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok but for the messages with status to be delivered ? how can i reset them ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not delete or cancel messages with status delivering or tobedelivered. So you need to restart the messaging system in J2EE engine. Open the VisualAdmin, you can find the messaging system node in the list of nodes in Visual Admin. so that you right lick on that, just click on stop, after stopping that again you start. then the messages will deliver to receiver or the message status will change automatically from Tobe Delivered to waiting or host etc. then you can cancel these messages.

Please ask to your BASIS person to restart the messaging sytem

Refer the thread below:

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Messages will go in to the state Tobe delivered if there are no threads available for the particular adapter.. and lack of threads is due to the state of the messages in DLNG...

Check the messages which are in DLNG and the reason behing long time for processing the same..(can be restart of the target system...)

if you get the error saying predecessor is not in final state...

for this you need to check the parent message in the queue which is causing this. this can be done using messaging system url

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/

go here and check the tab EOIO message ..... and there check the messages which are blocked and check the queue names if need to find the paticular queue..and reprocess if the error occured can be rectified...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean all messages with status To be deliveres are error/canceled messages ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the messages with the status with error will be cancelled.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikee,

Execute the program RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES for mass cancellation of error messages.

Program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES is used to delete XML messages from the persistency Layer marked for DEL.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ HareenKumar,

Execute the program RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES for mass cancellation of error messages.

Program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES is used to delete XML messages from the persistency Layer marked for DEL.

The issue is with the "To be Delivered" messages and not "mass cancellation of error messages". This program will only cancel error messages. Please read the question carefully before replying.

-- Abhi