cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate Intercive Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Readers, I developed an Offline Interactive Adobe form through SFP.

Objective - This form will be used for Customer Creation by User.

The objective of the form is to validate user input, and then when the user clicks on Validate button.

After completion of validation of form, Save Button should be enable and the form should be save on desktop of user.

My questions are

1) Its an offline interactive form. How is it possible to perform validations on the form?

If it is possible through Web Service, Please provide document or step by step procedure for creating web service for validating form.

Thanks,

Shri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>1) Its an offline interactive form. How is it possible to perform validations on the form?

it is possible through through various properties of the object and most of the objects like textbox, checbox have an event called validate.

for instance, for textfields, you can use the type: "User entered- Required" for the value.

If you explore Library Pallete->Custom->emailAddress, it comes along with a script for validate event.

More complex validations you can incorporate using scripting. you can see [LiveCycle Designer Scripting Basics|http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_basics.pdf]

you can see: http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/08/24/complex-validations/

regards,

BJagdishwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jagdeeswar,

your notes was too gud, i learned more from this,

but my requirement is when i fill the form in offline scenario, the save button of the PDF should be disable, after filling the form it should be validate by validate button. if all mandatory fields will be field then save button should be enable.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot hide the save button. I am not sure, but probably you can hide the whole toolbar, but the user can easily open the bar again using some short cut I don´t believe. You cannot forbid the saving. But there is preSave event you coulduse for your validations and then show a message telling the user what is wrong.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will disable whole menu bar, but my problem is still continue....

i want to validate whole form through validate button, i want that when i click validate button if any mandatory field remains blank, form should not be save and save button should not be enable. if all validation have confirmed then save button on my form should be enable and then it should be saved.

i have tried so many code on my validation button and save button but it is not working.. please provide the java script code for the same.

please do need full,

thanks in advance....

Regards,

Shri

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i want to validate whole form through validate button

I am not aware of any standard button like this. So it is your own button? on a form, not in the tool bar?

i want that when i click validate button if any mandatory field remains blank

Did you set your fields to be mandatory?

should not be save and save button should not be enable

I don´t think you can cancel the saving procedure, you cannot forbid the form to be saved

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

In my form there is two button

1. Validate Button - it is a submit button used like Validate button , not in standard tool bar.

2. I have nearly 6-7 fields which are mandatory on form.

So this validation button made for checking, is theses fields have to be filled or not.

I have made code for this on post save event u2026

TextField1.mandatory = "error"

TextField1.mandatoryMessage = "This field is mandatory!!!

Please Fill u201CDistribution Channel [Trade/Non Trade etc.]u201D"

This script gives a Error message but form is getting save. I want to stop this functionality till field to be filled.

When all mandatory field will filled then form should be saved. for this functionality i want to disable slandered tool bar.

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>for this functionality i want to disable standered tool bar

you cannot disable save-button of standard toolbar via scripting.

at the most what you can do is:

you can put all validations in click event of validate button, or can call the validate script in preSave event.

when some of the fields are not filled, you can show popup message that..

the fields F1, F2 need to be filled, untill you fill these fields, the form is incomplete even if you save the form

regards,

BJagdishwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Provide the Sample java script code for this and for Save button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS_LFA1.PAGE1.SUB_ADDRESS.NAME1::preSave - (JavaScript, client)

function IsSpecified(oField)

{

return (oField.rawValue != null) && (oField.rawValue.length > 0);

}

if (!IsSpecified(IS_LFA1.PAGE1.SUB_ADDRESS.NAME1))

{

xfa.host.messageBox("Please Enter First Name, It's a Mandatory Field");

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

One Option that you can do not to Save the Form if the Required data are not Filled is, you can generate a Information Message and then Refresh all the data.

This will allow the user the save the form but all the data would be reset.

xfa.host.resetData();

Answers (0)