cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Page Navigation and param passing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible, to trigger a portal page navigate to a particular page (via Web Dynpro and/or htmlb iviews) and pass the page parameters that will trickle on through to the Web Dynpro iviews that are hosted within that page.

So that they can use these application parameters being set dynamically on the page level.

Is this possibly? Is there another way to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

This is indeed possible from Web Dynpro using WDPortalNavigation. Several navigation modes are supported as well passing parameters.

It should be noted that in SS3 of WAS 6.40 the parameter passing function was not working, but this was corrected by SS5 or later.

There is an example of this in the sample applications (#19) at the following link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/webdynpro.sdn?page=webdynpro_tutorials.htm

Hope this helps,

--Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

thanks for the information, I will give this a try soon once our SS5 gets installed and I can officially try it..

Do you happen to know if Page Navigation from non Web Dynpro iviews will work if they pass the parms in the url such as ?app.blahblah=xxxxx ??

Curious how we can get the scenario to work if there is non Web Dynpro iviews, that will trigger the Page navigation.

Thanks,

Jorge.

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I haven't tested passing the parameters via the URL from an non-Web Dynpro application, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. (If you look at the URL the Portal is receiving as part of a WDPortalNavigation test the extra parameters are just appended to the URL as usual.)

Hope this helps,

--Greg