cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the data from Portal to R/3 System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need one help regarding Java WebDynpro. I have added three additional telephone number in one view of emergency contact address. In R/3 system we have three Type fields that is Com01, Com02, Com03 the values are (TEL2, TEL3, MOBI, etc) for different types of numbers and other three fields are Num01,Num02, Num03 for numbers in infotype 0006 (Address).

From java WebDynpro I have added 3 dropdownbykey and three text boxes to give the inputs from front-end to store the values to back-end R/3 System.

I have mapped the context SelectedInfoTypes Com01 to first additional number Type Dropdown and Num01 to first additional number, similarly i have mapped to rest 2 additional types and numbers.

Now the problem is the 2 additional nembers are getting ammeded in R/3 system but 3rd one is not.

To debug it I have performed below cases:

1) I have added all three TELEPHONE number from R/3 system directly for that personal number, and verified from Portal that all three numbers are getting displayed for that personal.

2)Edited all telephone numbers from front-end and verified in R/3 system, only 2 are reflecting in back-end and 3rd one blank.

Please advise...

Thanks in advance

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) The direct populatin of the com3 shows up in the portal, it clearly indicates the correct context mapping.

b) Once you try to update com3 field from EP, it is not working means, the data is getting invlidated while saving the communication information

c)Set external debbugging on RFC/BAPI which gets triggered and try to debug on during save trigger from EP.

Regards,

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion, can you please guide me with the debugging process on point (c).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For debugging :

1. Goto the function module on which you want to set the breakpoint.

2.Goto Utilities->Settings

3.In User-Specific Settings window ,goto Debugging tab .

4.In External Debugging ,set the name(id) of the user from which you want to debug.

5.Click on the tick mark at the bottom of User-Specific Settings window after setting the name of the external user.

6.Now click on the Stop button (set/delete breakpoint icon)displayed at the top of the FM .

7.Now click on HTTP breakpoint .

Hope it will be helpful.

Regards

Jyotsna