cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with asynchronized I/O in Web Dynpro Java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi web dynpro java experts,

I'm kind of a new guy in web dynpro. Here i'm facing with a problem.

Scenario:

Front-end web dynpro app will update thousands of records in DB. Once i click the "UPDATE" button on page, the JDBC connection would be setted up in action bound to this button, and keep dealing with the DB updating.

But, DB writing takes time. Web dynpro page just keeps waiting until DB updating is finished. Thus, the user have to wait and the page is blocked meanwhile.

My question:

Is there a way can let this I/O asynchronized? Which means when DB updating at back-end, user still can click on page in front-end? Like "Back-end Running" option in some other systems.

If yes, can you give me some guides or links that I can follow? Like some code snaps or step by step instructions. Thank you.

Sean

BTW, my environment is CE7.1 EhP1, NWDS version 7.1 EhP1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this is possible. the users have to wait till the process is completed. This is done to ensure there is no other action performed when an update is happening.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

But how about AJAX used in Web Dynpro?

I've heard there is some AJAX behaviour implementation under CE environment. Is this function Web Dynpro UI element integrated or custom code implemented?

Thank you.

Sean

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can use AJAX in WD. but once the button is clicked for updation, the event results in a server round trip and unless the transaction at the DB level is completed no other action can be performed

Regards,

Poojith MV

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Here's an idea that may work for you. Instead of updating the database from the WD code, use an EJB to do the database updates. So you can call an EJB function from the Web Dynpro. The EJB will use multithreading to update the database, and the function will return immeditately so that the WD can continue operating.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Walter.

I'm gonna look into thread coding to see how can it helps me.

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

no replies at all?

i was pretty stuck by customer on this issue...