cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while changing BP in eWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with following error? I am getting this error while changing Business partner in eWM.

''GET_BUSINESS_SYSTEM_ERRORAn error occurred when determining the business sy''. I guess businss system cofig is missing but not sure where to change. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to CIF changes in BP from R/3 [Source system] to EWM[Target system]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Can you please give more details? T-Codes or SPRO node path? I have defined a business sytem and assigned to ERP logical system. Anything else needs to be setup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant to say CIF(Core interface) to move changes/creation of master data ( like cusomer/vendor etc) from R/3 to EWM.Below are the steps carried out in R/3 to CIF changes from R/3 to EWM.

1.Create Integration Model for your BP(customer / material etc). Tcode : CFM1

2.Activate Integration Model . Tcode : CFM2

This will flow changes from R/3 to EWM.

Also please brief your issue like what master data (BP)] / value you are changing and is cause of the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I am able to tranfer master data through CIF using integration model. CIF is successfully creating plants and vendors as locations in SCM. I have two basic questions.

1. Are plants, vendors and customers also created as BPs along with the locations? what is the link between them? how SCM uses the data BP and Locations?

2. I am getting afore mentioned error while manually creating vendor BP in SCM and assign ID Type. I know ERP is the referenc server as far as master data is concerned. But if something like Vendor description is changed in SCM, is it suppose to get updated in ERP?

Apprecite your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Yes Customer , Plants & vendor are created as BP in EWM.Master data has to exist before dropping any delivery from R/3 to EWM.If this data doesnt exist then Idoc which is supposed to create outbound delivery request/Inbound delivery will fail in EWM.

2.I have never come across changes in EWM has to be CIF'ed to R/3 .Probably you can change the description in R/3 which will reflect in EWM.

Answers (0)