cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install BW on windows 2003 sp2 with oracle 10g version. I also applied oracle patch.

I gave everything then at Phase 5 of 28 it is throwing me error like this,

An error occurred while processing service SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 2 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System Installation.

This is the Error log file:

ERROR 2010-08-08 12:47:27

MUT-03011 Execution of the command "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\1\sapinst_exe.2408.1281286055\SAPCAR.exe -x -v -g -i -R C:/usr/sap/VT0/SYS/exe/uc/NTAMD64 -f F:/BW/kernel/KU_WINDOWS_X86_64/ORA/SAPEXEDB.SAR," finished with return code 12. Output: SAPCAR: processing archive F:/BW/kernel/KU_WINDOWS_X86_64/ORA/SAPEXEDB.SAR (version 2.01)x ARCHIVE_OFF.BATx ARCHIVE_ON.BATx ARCHIVE_TST.BATx brarchive.exex brbackup.exex brconnect.exex brrecover.exex brrestore.exex brspace.exex brtools.exex CPIO.EXEx dbadaslib.dllx dbadaslib.pdbx dboraslib.dllx dboraslib.pdbx dbsdbslib.dllx dbsdbslib.pdbSAPCAR: checksum error in C:/usr/sap/VT0/SYS/exe/uc/NTAMD64/dbsdbslib.pdb (error 12). Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

ERROR 2010-08-08 12:47:27

FCO-00011 The step unpack with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_Unpack|ind|ind|ind|ind|8|0|unpack was executed with status ERROR .

Please anybody can help me in this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

simple:

your CD, DVD or download is corrupted,

go get a new copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like you installation software is corupt.

Did you ftp the software ? and did you do it in binary mode..?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I didn't get your ques, Could you please explain in brief? i don't know the diff.

Wht is binary mode? how can we do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK,

1) Your installation software is corupt.

2) How did you aquire the software?

3) How did you get the software to your server for installation.

4) Software is in the main, binary.

So, if you have ftp'd the software in ascii format you will get the "checksum" error

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

checksum error in C:/usr/sap/VT0/SYS/exe/uc/NTAMD64/dbsdbslib.pdb (error 12).

Might be your Kernel DVD is not copied correctly.. Try to re-copy and the try again...

Also delete all files from "C:/usr/sap/VT0/SYS/exe/uc/NTAMD64/" before retrying the installation...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should i start from Central instance or from ORACLE DB installation and Patch installation?

As you said i deleted NTAMD64 file and started again, but it is throwing me the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should i start from Central instance or from ORACLE DB installation and Patch installation?

As you said i deleted NTAMD64 file and started again, but it is throwing me the same error.

It would be better if you start the installation from scratch.

Just re-copy the DVD's and start as "New Installation" to avoid other errors (due to incomplete installation).

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede