cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Service interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

In PI 7.1 there is a new naming for message interface which is the Service interface.

When i create a Business service : i can add sender and receiver Service interfaces.

But if i create a Technical system in SLD and assign Business system to it . I cannot add Sender and Reciever Service interfaces to a Business System ( there is no + or - button to add sender or receiver service interfaces in a Business system).Is this how Business systems work or there is something wrong with the PI system?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the basic difference between a business service and business system is that

1. Business system has an entry in SLD, business service doesnt

2. Service interfaces for a business system is added thru the assignment via SLD where as for a business service you add it in the ID

Hope this [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/19217] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; did help you

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This occured due to Business system in SLD is not configured properly. Please, check the below link:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/05/13/cant-find-interfaces-in-the-associated-business-system

Thanks,

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I cannot add Sender and Reciever Service interfaces to a Business System

Check this related blog: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/05/13/cant-find-interfaces-in-the-associated-business-system

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In case of business service you have to manually add the corresponding(inbound/outbound) service interfaces in ID(configuration). Business service has nothing to do with SLD.

But in case of business system, which you define in SLD, while defining Business system in SLD, you have to add software components(including the one where you have your service interface and other design objects) so when you will go to configuration there your service interface will be automatically listed fron this entry, which you have made in SLD.

Divyesh Vasani