cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anybody explain the "call adapter" in pipeline?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,guys

As I know,the pipelines in Integration Server as below:

a) Receiver Determination: This steps determines the system that participates in the exchange of the message.

b) Interface Detremination: For each receiver determine which interface will should receieve the message.

c) Message Split: If more than one receievers are found, XI will instantiate new message for each receiver.

d) Message Mapping: Mapping to transform the source message to destination message format.

e) Technical Routing: Bind a specific destination and protocol to the message.

f) Call outbound Adapter: Send the transformed message to the adapter or a proxy. Refer to this link for more details;

before the first step,sender adapter will poll the data and post it into the Integration Server,then will execute the 6 steps in Integration Server.I dont know if the last step"Call outbound adapter" is call the target side adapter???

if it is,i'm a little bit confued with the reference from help.sap.com for the pipleine and pipeline service,coz in the help.sap.com

it says,"...There are pipelines for a local Integration Engine in the sender or receiver system, or for a central Integration Engine that is configured as the Integration Server...",so the pipeline just happens to sender side or receiver side in the Integration server,but why it should call the receiver adapter???anybody help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Call adapter is the step where the message is sent to the adapter. yes it can be any adapter. XI adapter too, which indirectly implies proxy .

A good blog on this flow:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

Divyesh Vasani

Former Member
0 Kudos

i mean if it's the target adapter?

also i want identify that the pipeline is just happens to source side(or target side) in integration server or both from source side to target side in integration server ??

anybody help me clear that?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SEARCH IN SDN ...

Pipeline steps execution starts from source to target,

call adapter step will call your receiver(Target)adapter to send data to target side.

Regards,

raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
also i want identify that the pipeline is just happens to source side(or target side) in integration server or both from source 
side to target side in integration server ??

It reflects the message processing (sequence from source to target) in XI/ PI and is the same for all the source and target systems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Call adapter is the step where the message is sent to the adapter and also sends the transformed messages to the adapter or proxy.