Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing Forecast in SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Good Morning.

I am trying to prepare a Forecast Plan for next 6 months based on the Sales History for Past 13 weeks. The solution which i was thinking of is to prepare a Custom Sales Forecast report in SAP with the Sales History over the 13 weeks as the basis for the calculation , spread it out in monthly buckets and then upload it to the Planned Independent requirement table (MD61)

If at all if i dont use the above option , In the system if i extend the forecast view then we can plan the Total Consumption over there , ther total Consumption does looks for all the Sales Order over that particular period? and also how can i get the data in the the forecasting to be transferred to the Planned Independent requirement table ? It would be great if you are able to provide some Configuration/Setup details.

Thanks in Advance..

Thanks

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

It appears you are asking about R/3 forecasting, and not APO. You don't have to write a custom report, SAP standard functionality provides your requirement.

Standard methods in R/3 to arrive at Planned independent Requirements through a forecast are Material Forecasting (which creates forecasts based on historical consumption) and Sales and Operations Planning (which can forecast based on anything you design).

Simplest to implement is material forecasting. For most companies, FGs consumption data is more than adequate to provide realistic forecasts.

Once your forecast is done, using either Material forecasting or SOP, it can automatically be converted to Planned Independent requirements.

Material forecasting

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/7d/c27278454011d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

SOP

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/a5/63201843a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Creating PIRs

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/cb/7f949443b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB49 ,

Thank you so much for your Immd Reponse.

If i take the approach of Material Forecast is it possible for give me some SAP Config/Transaction Details. Atleast to my understanding this is process i need to follow.

1. The Material Master Should be setup for the Forecast View (MM01)

2. Then I need to run the Forecast for all the Materials Via MP38 , If so where can i check the Forecast Values of all the materials at once , is there is any transaction or i need to go one by one Material to check for the values.

3. Now once i have the Forecast Values of all the materials , do i need to create a Dummy Product Group ( MC84 ) to assign all the materials in that product group to transfer all the Materials to the Demand Management via MC75?

4. Now when i open the MD61 transaction do i see all the Materials FOrecast Values over here?

In this total process where this ROugh Cut Planning comes into picture , is it really needed or we can by pass it ? Please can you guide me through get a better understanding of this process along with some SAP Key Config details.

Thanks

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB.

I have landed to this conversation while searching for something else, but it immediately caught my eye. I have an issue with forecast through the material consumption values. In making the forecast (through the "Execute Forecast" button in "Forecasting" tab in material master) i am using Forecasting method 2 (which compares all forecasting methods and chooses the one which has the least MAD error). My problem is that the forecasting method that this process has derived is not automatically updated in "Forecast Model" box (MPOP-PRMOD). Am i doing something wrong??? Is it possible that it may be due to not having any user exit implemented?

Best personal regards,

Nikos

Answers (0)