cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup message error -SAP system is running or SAP user is connected to dat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ..

when the backup started i got this message error ..before starting the backup, the shell shutdown the sap system but below message was showed

BR0262I Enter database user name[/password]:

BR0055I Start of database backup: bedvugxg.aff 2010-08-08 05.31.48

BR0484I BRBACKUP log file: /oracle/AAA/sapbackup/bedvugxg.aff

BR0477I Oracle pfile /oracle/AAA/102_64/dbs/initAAA.ora created from spfile /oracle/AAA/102_64/dbs/spfileAAA.ora

BR0068E SAP system is running or SAP user is connected to database AAA - database cannot be shut down

BR1025I Please shut down SAP system first or use the 'offline_force' option

BR0056I End of database backup: bedvugxg.aff 2010-08-08 05.31.48

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2010-08-08 05.31.49

BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors

[Major] From: "OMNISAP" Time: 08/08/10 05:31:49

BRBACKUP /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/exe/run/brbackup -t offline -d util_file -c -m all -u hpbkup/******* returned 3

i am new on this, what should i review into the db?

Regards and thanks in advance

Dma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BR0068E SAP system is running or SAP user is connected to database AAA - database cannot be shut down

Just change the below parameter in init<sid>.sap.

backup_type = offline_force

Even If the users are connected to SAP and database, above parameter will shutdown the database forcefully for backup. All users will be disconnected.

Just try this..

It will solve the problem.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniela,

you try to perform an offline backup (which is a very uncommon way nowadays) and your SAP system is not down.

This is also described in the official documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/0d/d309664a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/content.htm

offline: Database backup in offline mode, in other words, the database is shut down during backup. When you select this parameter, BRBACKUP checks that no SAP system users are connected to the database. If an SAP System is active, the database is not shut down and BRBACKUP terminates the process with an error message (message number BR0068E).

Regards

Stefan