cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I am installing ERP 2005(SR1),I am getting problems while installing.please help to install.

i have systen config. like follows.

HD:320 GB

RAM:4 GB

WINSERVER 2003

ORACLE 10.2 G

PLEASE PROVIDE INSTALLATION STEPS.

PLEASE DO NEEDFUL.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks to me that you are installing a Non unicode system and providing the Unicode kernel during installation.

In case you need a Non unicode system, then provide the non unicode kernel and similarly unicode kernel for a unicode system.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

i observed sapinst_dev file as per ur suggestion.ifound following.

but i have installed oracle successfully why that message is coming.

i am not getting .pls help in solving

ERROR 2014-08-02 19:57:22

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MDB-06168 Oracle is not installed on this host. Install Oracle before continuing.

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:270]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown std::ESAPinstJSError: dbmodora.oracleNotInstalled

WARNING 2014-08-02 19:57:22 [iaxxccntrl.cpp:477]

CController::stepExecuted()

The step dialogGetCommonParams with step key SAPSYSTEM_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseSystem|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|DatabaseCommonParameters|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|dialogGetCommonParams was executed with status ERROR.

TRACE [iaxxcsihlp.hpp:301]

main()

An error occurred during the installation of component SAP NetWeaver '04 Support Release 1> ABAP System> Oracle> Unicode> Database Instance Installation. Press the log view button to get extended error information or press OK to terminate the installation. Log files are written to SAP NetWeaver '04 Support Release 1> ABAP System> Oracle> Unicode> Database Instance Installation.

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:845]

showDialog()

waiting for an answer from gui

TRACE [iaxxdlghnd.cpp:180]

CDialogHandler::doHandleDoc()

ACTION_OK received

WARNING 2014-08-02 19:57:33 [iaxxcsihlp.hpp:250]

main()

An error occurred during the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii,

If the error says Oracle is not installed on the host then you might installed Oracle all alone as a separate data base, you need to install oracle as per sap requirements.

1. When you installing oracle ,did it asked you to give SID ? if not then you installed oracle all alone not what sap installation wants.

2. While installing oracle did you hit server.cmd file to install oracle? because it the correct way to install the data base

3.whether to check you are able to connect to data base,

in command prompt ,type this sql statement,

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

startup

Thank you,

vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

vikram sir,

i did above three steps correctly as suggested by u.

in command prompt it is giving error

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, download latest sets of installtion and start the installtion, it seems you are using old sets for installtion.

ERP 2005(SR1)

Thanks,

Anil

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have oracle version of 10.2.0.1. is it ok?

No, 10.2.0.1 is not supported, you need to patch this to 10.2.0.4

This is a very basic thread, you need to add information as per the rules of engagement.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe its not oracle version problem. Installation can be completed with this version as well.

However you need to patch it at least to 10.2.0.2 later. Problem is something else may be a services file or listener or tnsnames.

Regards

KVR

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I believe its not oracle version problem. Installation can be completed with this version as well.

Technically - maybe - but this version (10.2.0.1) contains severe errors, if a system was installed with that version it's very likely that there are bad/corrupt blocks in the database.

If one reads and follows the installation guide attentively it's clear that

- 10.2.0.1 is installed

- 10.2.0.2 or 10.2.0.4 should be installed

- the latest interim patches for the version should be installed

and then the SAP installation should be started.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I completely agree with you. what I mean is "To me upgrading oracle version will not resolve this problem.

Problem lies some where else".

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

i faced this problem during kernek installation

You entered: E:\SAP Dump\ERP_2005_SR1\kernel700\KU_WINDOWS_I386\LABEL.ASC Found the label SAP:AKK:700:UKERNEL:SAP Unicode Kernel 700:WINDOWS_I386:CD51030xxx but need the label SAP:AKK:700:KERNEL::WINDOWS_I386:

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> You entered: E:\SAP Dump\ERP_2005_SR1\kernel700\KU_WINDOWS_I386\LABEL.ASC Found the label SAP:AKK:700:UKERNEL:SAP Unicode Kernel 700:WINDOWS_I386:CD51030xxx but need the label SAP:AKK:700:KERNEL::WINDOWS_I386:

- don't use blanks in PATH names, they may lead to weird errors

- your installation master and the kernel DVD don't match

--> I suggest you just download a new installation from http://service.sap.com/installations

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

> You entered: E:\SAP Dump\ERP_2005_SR1\kernel700\KU_WINDOWS_I386\LABEL.ASC Found the label SAP:AKK:700:UKERNEL:SAP Unicode Kernel 700:WINDOWS_I386:CD51030xxx but need the label SAP:AKK:700:KERNEL::WINDOWS_I386:

Provide your path to KN_WINDOWS_I386 here.

Then, provide path to KU_WINDOWS_I386 in next step.

Ray

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What problems are you having while installing?

Please post the error message from sapinst_dev.log or the error you are seeing in sapinst gui.

What step are you on in the installation. Without more details no one can advise you how to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to check wheather oracle is installed correctly or not.

i have oracle version of 10.2.0.1. is it ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

satishv,

Go to service.sap.com/instguides and download the releavent installation guide.

Follow the steps provided in the guide. And if you face any problems or erros, you can always post here on sdn and surely you will get the necessary inputs.

Cheers!!!

El Nino