cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free of Cost sales error during billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am facing the problem while doing Free of Cost sales , i have created a seperate document order type for FOC with the sd document category as "C" and and doc prcing porcedure as "C" . and in billing document i have also included doc prcing procedure as "C" .

My problem is when i create the sales order and when doing delviery there is no problem.. but when i created a delivery related billing

*the first error i am getting is document no XXXXXX ( error in account determination ) but when i went to VF 02 and put the billing document number to check account determination analysis .*

*i am getting this second error " billing document XXXXXX does not exist"*

*Message no. VF041*

*Diagnosis*

*The billing document you specified does not exist.*

*This document was possibly archived.*

but when i went i checked in the table level it is the corresponding billing document number is showing in the table

when i check the document flow of the order i am not getting the order number also to see the document flow for it

wht could be the reason

i am confused.

my senario is foc sales should be done the customer should not be debited but excise entry has to be made for it.

please give ur valuable inputs

Edited by: k.kumi on Aug 8, 2010 7:06 AM

Edited by: k. on Aug 8, 2010 7:40 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope, you are talking of "Free-of-charge Delivery".

The Sales Document Type is FD in standard SAP.

We create the above Sales order particularly when we want to send Promotional material or Sample materials to our customers.

Promo materials and Sample materials do not have any commercial value, ther are are free of charge.

Hence, Billing is not possible for those type of materials.

We process the above materials with order type FD followed by Delivery,picking PGI but no Billing.

In standard, the Item category is KLN / KLX which is not relevant for Billing.

However, to capture excise, we create a Proforma Invoice (F8) followed by an Excise Invoice.

Regards

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

your absolutely right, i have used FD document type and i have created a proforma invoice so that i can have a excise posting done for the particular materials , because since it should excised .

i have a billing type with SD document category as "U" for proforma invoice .

here everything is happening like sales order is created , PGI is happening and when it comes to delivery related billing

The system cannot able to able to save the data during billing.

the system is saying an error "billing document XXXX does not exist"

since i am creating a proforma invoice atleast i need to have the billing document number generated to do the exicse posting

Is it related to number ranges problem ?

Kindly reply me , waiting for your reply in anticipation

thanks

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check at billing level Edit > log. It will guide why billing doc's are not generated.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, thanks for the reply,

The error is solved, i logged out completely and did a fresh process the system is generating billing document.