cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interim Storage Type error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created an interim storage type by copying a standard interim storage type for inspection 917. I am not able to create interim storage bins for this storage type because when I execute LX20, I don't see the interim storage type I created. It only displays the standard interim storage types my warehouse contains(I created my warehouse by copying template warehouse 001). I named my interim storage type as 905 thinking if the number is between 900 to 999, SAP identifies them to be interim storage types. This is not the case. I know what I have to do, I have to tell SAP that 905 is an interim storage type but I don't know how to do that? So, seeking your help Gurus. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dirk_freyaldenhoven
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You have to assign your storage type to a WM movement type.

If you change storage type for WM movement type 331 from 917 to 905, you will also get 905 in LX20.

SPRO->Logistics Execution->Warehouse Management->Activities->Transfers->Define Movement Types

Best Regards, Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the problem in my case is I have to assign this new interim storage type to a new movement type I have created. The new movement type is basically a copy of standard movement type 321. Yes, I want to receive my goods for quality inspection and post it to Quality inspection stock. Now, when I do MIGO for my PO, I receive the error "Storage bin R05 905 does not exist". I understand why I get this error but not able to correct it. I have assigned this 905 to my movement type as you can see during MIGO it identifies the storage type. Thanks in advance.

Edited by: valakrrl on Aug 8, 2010 6:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I have to create bins manually using LX01N?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk, you are right. I was able to see the interim storage type on LX 20 after I assigned it to movement type 331. I didn't understand the reason, can you please tell me why? Also, the reason why I am creating a new interim storage type and new movement type is because we want to implement QM sometime in the future so we don't want to mess with the standard interim storage type and movement types. Having said this, do I have to create a copy of movement type 331 and assign it to 905?

Edited by: valakrrl on Aug 10, 2010 4:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk, you are right. I was able to see the interim storage type on LX 20 after I assigned it to movement type 331. I didn't understand the reason, can you please tell me why? Also, the reason why I am creating a new interim storage type and new movement type is because we want to implement QM sometime in the future so we don't want to mess with the standard interim storage type and movement types. Having said this, do I have to create a copy of movement type 331 and assign it to 905?

Edited by: valakrrl on Aug 10, 2010 7:23 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have asked a follow up question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone answer my above query? I just cannot find a solution. Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know why you are not able to see the new storae type in LX20 but you can solve the problem by creating a bin using LS01N.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To help you out can you please answer following question?

1.Why are you creating different interim storage type ? You can use 917.

I guess you want to take material into quality interim storage area and then usage decision.

Please let me know your requirement.

Regards,

Prashant