cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to not display expired contract on Web-UI in SRM-MDM ?

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our business is as following:

the contract is published to SRM-MDM V3.0, but if contract is expired, when I select the content from catalog to create sc, then this kind of contract should not display on catalog, how to do ?

SRM7.0 MDM7.1SP04 SRM-MDM v3

thanks

Jesse

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lei

Note 1459888 - Contract Price shown even if obsolete flag true for contract

Purchaser creates contract and transfer to catalog. In the following scenario's contract or contract items should be deleted from the catalog in order to avoid the error during creation of Shopping Cart,Purchase Order.

When a Contract is Expired (ie) Validity Period of contract ends, then the price is not valid and it should not be displayed in the catalog.

Muthu

However you can not create a successful PO for expired Contract sc item .

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Muthu

Thank your answer, but I still have a trouble.

The standard function don't transfer contract's start date and end date to srm-mdm. I wonder that the system how to compared contract start-end date to today's date , then to change obsolete flag even update to SP007 as Note 1459888.

thank you

Jesse

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand.

SAP SRM should not allow to transfer or show invalid contract into SRM.

PLEASE IMPLEMENT that given note . if it works fine or

Howver it is challenging to SAP . how frequency SRM -ECC-MDM contract synchronisation with all contract data in catalog server across other ECC SRM system.

Muthu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Instead of doing the API developments, we can make use of the Expression field under Free-form search.

Item Valid To < SYSTIME(date)

Based on True or False selection, MDM will display or hide such expired records.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

We used some FM like BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK in the past. If the contract was flagged for replication to the catalog...contract check would run at 12PM and send a new xml to the catalog...an xml with the action code changed for "obsolete yes". Then, make sure that you save your contract map with two line-items. One, with obsolete "yes" mapped to 4 (guess from memory) and "no" to 5 so that the "Obsolete switch" will change. Note: the 4 and 5 are from memory and may be 3 and 4 etc. Send some xml messages from contracts and check.

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

thank you for your very userful answer.

Masa's API way and Galen Schliem 's FM way are both good idea.

but we have no ablility to develop with API at present.

I have just try another way. I created a name search in data manager. which user contract valid date compard to today'date, I assigned name search to role , then , expired contract don't display in catalog UI. but they still exist in repository.

Jesse

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jianxin.

This is a valid requirement which SAP has to take it further for the future enhancements.

But some comments from my side.

SRM-MDM Catalog doesn't show the expired contracts(This is applicable in case if you are uploading a contract from SRM/ECC then the obsolete flag should be true. If this flag is set to true, then the corresponding contract is not shown in the UI).

In your case, you are trying to transfer the expired contract from the catalog to SRM, there is a BADI where you can check the contract's validity. Based on that you can restrict the user not to select the expired contracts to SRM shopping cart.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Bala

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

HI, Bala

You are right , My case is not what you mean.

I transfer valid contract from SRM to Mdm catalog, maybe after several months ,the contract is expired compare to today, I don't expect this kind of contract display on the catalog UI to mislead the user.

Of course, I know how to prevent user to creat SC with selected expired contract by BADI, But I think that is not good idea.

Actually , I can also solve this issue by development in SRM BADI and MDM , expired contract will not display in catalog, but that will make many changes compared with standar function.

I wonder whether SAP have the better solution.

Thanks

Jesse.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about deleting expired items/contracts from Catalog by MDM API ?

I know several customers have scheduled daily deleting job.

Regards,

Masa

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Masa

I think what you said is a good idea.

But I don't know how to do , Could you give me some hints?

Thanks

Jesse

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert