cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 Developer Workplace Installation on Windows 7 64-bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install 32 bit version of NW 7.0 SR3 Developer Workplace (Max DB) on Windows 7 64 computer but the installation fails. Has any one tried this?

Is SAP planning to release 64 bit version of Developer Worlplace?

Edited by: Anand Bhambure on Aug 7, 2010 12:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is a 64-bit version for 7 but it is planned for the 7.30 release

check the section

"7.30 PAM of Developer Workplace: " in the below URL

https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/display/NWDSQA/NWDSDeliveryProcess

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is possible to run NW Developer Studio on a Windows 7 64 Bit.

Check:

regards,

JULIAN CASTRO

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I assume we are talking about NWDS 70X, because higher NWDS releases are fully supported on win7.

Please note that there is a difference between something is working and whether we can provide support for it.

See the official statement on this in the note:

#1566977 - NWDS on Windows 7

which says:

7.00:

There are successfull installations of NWDS 7.0x running inside and outside of SAP.

Please make sure that the NWDS is running on a supported and correctly configured JDK.

Please acknowledge that while you may successfully install and run NWDS 7.0x on Windows 7 this still is not a supported OS! Running NWDS 7.0x on Windows 7 is at your own risk.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I disagree that a 700 NWDS would be supported for 64 bit, please see the note below or PAM (http://service.sap.com/pam --> take the quicklink "SAP NetWeaver 7.0" and see page 26) for details

#1225606 - Platform Restrictions f. NetWeaver Developer Studio 2.x-7.0x

Best Regards,

Ervin

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In theory, it should be possible to install the 32bit workplace on a 64bit windows 7.

So probably you can depict the detailed error here and let us take a look for you.

Regards,

Thunder