SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not relevant grant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My question is the following:

Does the 'not relevant grant' (dummy grant) get automatically filled based on your setting for the not relevant grant in the IMG? or do we need an additional derivation rule (assignment)?

We have a few documents that have the grant field blank (instead of the dummy grant name).

Please answer this query.

Thank you,

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

For us, in our derivation strategies, our second entry is an assignment that sets the grant number target field (GRANT_NBR) a constant value of "NOT_RELEVANT". The attribute is set to "Do Not Overwrite if Field Already Filled". So if the user does not key in the grant, this assignment defaults NOT_RELEVANT. Note that the field is a required field only when a cost center is used and if not the field is really blank.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

For us, in our derivation strategies, our second entry is an assignment that sets the grant number target field (GRANT_NBR) a constant value of "NOT_RELEVANT". The attribute is set to "Do Not Overwrite if Field Already Filled". So if the user does not key in the grant, this assignment defaults NOT_RELEVANT. Note that the field is a required field only when a cost center is used and if not the field is really blank.

0 Kudos

Hi Will,

thanks for your reply.

How about the configuration step in the IMG where you assign a NOT RELEVANT grant. Do we need the derivation rule step EVEN THOUGH we have it in the config? We are noticing that in a few rare cases the grant number field is blank (even though we have NOT allowed blank/space as a value for grant)

This is what made us think may be we need a derivation rule step (assignment).

Let me know...

Eli / Mar - what do you guys think?

Please advise.

P

0 Kudos

We have both.. the NOT_RELEVANT configured in IMG (Set Grant as Not Relevant for Grants Management) and also derivation. Due to my inquisitive nature I just did a test to deactivate the derivation rule and posted two documents in our test system... one doc with a cost object and one without and checked the GM document and the NOT_RELEVANT value was there for both docs in the receiver grant field. I am guessing that the consultant that set up our system saw the need for the derivation rule assignment at some point also. Note, the grant field is not always populated in the FI document. We have another derivation rule that clears the field if certain conditions are met. But it appears that the receiver grant field will always be populated in the GM document with or without the derivation.