cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Index Size failed in file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do you have any idea why we get this error in MDS log file? I am sure you must have come across it, what could be a fix for it?

We have observed Log info "Sort Index Size failed in file" logged into MDS Log file while doing following:

It happens during following processes:

a)_Master Slave Sync between Master and Slave Repo->> MDSAdminServer@GetAndApplyMasterChangeRep_

2010-08-05T12:00:01.012 14 23 Condition: pos < sortIndexSize failed in file /export/home/builder/mdm.build/7.1.03.xx/Cpp/MDM/Servers/MDS /DataMgmt/Update.cpp , line 1097

MDSAdminServer@GetAndApplyMasterChangeRep Dbg.cpp 65

Admin SRM_MDM_CATALOG_CHILDPROD3-DB- HA:1527/PMDORCL_21_20_4_3

b)_Remove Records from Data Manager->> CatMgr@RemoveRecords336_

2010-07-30T21:00:02.378 42 23 Condition: pos < sortIndexSize failed in file /export/home/builder/mdm.build/7.1.03.xx/Cpp/MDM/Servers/MDS/DataMgmt/Update.cpp , line 1097

MDSAdminServer@GetAndApplyMasterChangeRep Dbg.cpp 65

Admin SRM_MDM_CATALOG_CHILDPROD3-DB- HA:1527/PMDORCL_21_20_4_3

c)_Update Records from Data Manager->> CatMgr@ModifyRecords326_

2010-08-04T22:24:11.602 43 23 Condition: pos < sortIndexSize failed in file /export/home/builder/mdm.build/7.1.03.xx/Cpp/MDM/Servers/MDS/DataMgmt/Update.cpp , line 1097 CatMgr@RemoveRecords336 Dbg.cpp 65 49 harrik3 SRM_MDM_CATALOG <PROD3-DB-HA:1527/PMD[Oracle]>

As the Log Info name indicates "Sort Index Size failed in file", we are wondering is there anything to do with the -Size of Index File. Is there any parameter in DB side or in MDS which controls logging file size. May be that file size is not allowing Index sorting to be written into that file and file gets overflown due to less file size and MDS Logs this "Log Info". And since Indexing is not completed and not written into Index file, eventually the search made thru Advance Search gets weird and start throwing null pinter exception in browser because Index is not present for some searches.

This error seems like some unhandled exception code in program- Update.cpp at line 1097.

I would appreciate if you can throw some light on this and how to avoid this?

Regards

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Just check for below SAP Note's:

SAP Note 1342611: Fixed: Sort index changes were not reflected at the Search pane for a lookup field in a qualified lookup table

SAP Note 1385073: Fixed: Loading specific repository with undefined sort index caused server crash on UNIX

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Please check installation guide on page 44,47-51.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

Not sure on this. can you please check what is the number of partitions selected when you create a new slave. Copying from the ref guide-

A repository partition is simply the underlying physical database in which the repository is stored. By default, MDM gives a new MDM repository the number of partitions currently set for the Default Partitions DBMS setting (one, two, or four).

You can change the number of partitions by selecting the applicable radio button in the Repository Options dialog.

hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

After reviewing MDS log details i think you try to sync master and slave repository try out following option

1. have you did MDM version upgradation if yes then need to create new slave repository

2. check the icon of your slave repository if icon is broken then repository corrupted need to rebuild slave repository

3. if you have done any structural modification to repository then load repository with update indices then sync slave repository

4. verify your repository if it has error then repair/load master repository and sync slave repository

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh and Ravi,

There is no Repo schema change and we made sure that we create new slave after any Repo schema change. I dont think there is an issue with master-slave, but issue probably lies some where else.

In fact my original question is scrambled. Let me mention it again clearly. Its not alone master-slave sync we get this log info-" Sort Index Size failed in file". Actually we get it during following 3 operations:

a) On Master Slave Sync between Master and Slave Repo->> MDSAdminServer@GetAndApplyMasterChangeRep

b) OnRemove Records from Data Manager in master->> CatMgr@RemoveRecords336

c) On Updating Records in Data Manager->> CatMgr@ModifyRecords326

Is there anything to do with the -Size of Index File. Is there any parameter in DB side or in MDS which controls logging file size. This error seems like some unhandled exception code in program- Update.cpp at line 1097.

_Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

in this case i think problem at your database level, first check how much mememory size assign at Database level and regenrate index at database level

or

take repository archive and unarchive with different repository name

hope this will help

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Is there any progress in this issue or we are still in same position.

do you get any help from whatever i suggested to you.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

I am not sure which Instl guide you are referring to. I am referring Installation Guide for Unix. We have Unix environment. Can ou check page nos you are referring in this guide.

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Please check on page 45-48.

If you increase yr table space size then i think this problem will solve.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu