cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load many SPs from "From Front End"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP colleagues,

I have to upload and unpack around 50 support packages.

I have no access to my /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in fs to copy and unpack them there.

I have to load and from the "Front End" and unpack from my workstation.

Question :

do you know if you can load for example 20 SPs together and unpack them in one operation ?

Instead loading and unpacking them one by one ?

Once again, I cannot copy files.SAR directly on OS level (/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in).

Thanks for your input.

Best regards

CP2009

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible.

Once again, I cannot copy files.SAR directly on OS level

Theres nothing that a couple of phone calls and a chat with the IT crowd can't solve.

Regards

Juan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I have to upload and unpack around 50 support packages"

You can now automate the whole process with a simple batch file, check this blog for instructions: [http://amudee.com/?p=1233|http://amudee.com/?p=1233]

Regards, Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Completely agree with Juan, its possible now with new releases.

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CP,

You need to get access to usr/sap/eps/in folder in order to uncar 50 support pack. You can always upload them though Front End Option but if it;s more than 10-20 mb then it will not work.

I don;t see any reason why you will not get access to the EPS folder.

Cheers,

ABanerjee

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but if it;s more than 10-20 mb then it will not work.

Thats what the message says.....but, you can upload much bigger patches. In the new releases that message has been changed to 200Mb and still I uploaded a Solman patch of 200+ Mb recently without issues.

😄

Regards

Juan

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With frontend you cannot apply multiple patches, you need to get access for application server.

Thanks

Anil

former_member217765
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi CP2009,

If you have too many packages, I would suggest you to load the packages form application server, but not from front end.

If the package archives are smaller than 10 MB, you can load from front end. But If the package archives are larger than 10 MB, load from front end is not recommended.

Please put all the .SAR or .CAR package archive files under /usr/sap/trans, and use command

SAPCAR -xvf <ARCHIVE>.CAR

to unpack them.

The unpacked .PAT or .ATT package files will automatically appear in the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

Load the Support Packages into your system by choosing Support Package -> Load Package -> From Application Server,

then you will see a list of the uploaded Support Packages.

For deatails, you can refer to the onlinehelp:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/95/fdfe3980f23728e10000000a11402f/content.htm

With Best Regards

Julia