cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not getting saved in SPM UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed and configured SPM 2.1 SP3.. We ahve one issue.. Under Data Management-->Global Setting, we enter the path of import and export folders. When we save them, it doesnt get saved..

Please let me know the root cause of this issue.. I have tested the connectivity between ABAP and JAVA.. Seems to work fine..

Thanks

Thilip Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit -- I can see that OPM_D_X_API has been activated in WSADMIN

@Ankur - I can see that the systems in 'Data Management' tab are getting saved.. But Import/Export folders are not getting saved..Anyway will try do follow your sugestion and let you know

Thanks

Thilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilip,

If the above did not work my next suggestion is to check and confirm that the port assigned to the WAS URL in the BW portal to ABAP connection is correct.

In BW portal open up the connection that has the alias ANALYTICS_OPM and check the WAS URL that is provided. The port for this connection should match http connection in ABAP under SMICM transaction -> services.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit

Yes the WAS port number(8000) is the same as the one that is defined in SMICM services(8000).. And also I have defined the URL http://<hostname>:8000 in WSADMIN, Administration Settings..

The communication between ABAP and JAVA works fine.. Just that the path of the Import/Export folders doesnt get saved..

@Ankoor -- I am not able to follow the steps defined by you.Are those something that BASIS guys do or is related to BI.. If so, please help me with the relevant source for SPM 2.1, i will try to do that..

Thanks

Thilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilip,

Open up a customer message with access to your system with necessary ID.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilip,

You can also create the entries directly in the backend name value pair table RSXAADMIN. The entries should look like

OBJECT VALUE

XAPATH_EXPORT <export folder>

XAPATH_IMPORT <import_folder>

XACURRENCY <reporting_currency>

Regards,

divyesh

Parthis
Participant
0 Kudos

Thilip,

Hope you would have resolved this issue. We experience the same problem in our environement (our's is SP6). Please let me know for any solution,. Thanks!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilip,

Could you please check to see if you have an active Data Upload & system created? Without this the files will not show up.

The Active Data Upload can be created from the menu item Data Management > Data Upload Workbench > Manage Data Uploads

Click on New Data Upload and enter in all the required information and select the "Set as active" checkbox.

For Systems goto Data Management > Global Settings and in the Systems tab create a new system.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilip,

The primary cause is missing or inactive web service, especially check to see if OPM_DM_X_API web service is active. You can check in transaction WSADMIN.

If its not present here or not active you can create / activate it in transaction WSCONFIG.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilip,

The primary cause is missing or inactive web service, especially check to see if OPM_DM_X_API web service is active. You can check in transaction WSADMIN.

If its not present here or not active you can create / activate it in transaction WSCONFIG.

Regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Kamath on Aug 6, 2010 5:31 PM