cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure Aggregation for SAP BW Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on creating a QAAWS on top of a universe which is built on a BW query. I am having problems with aggregation on the QAAWS side. It is my understanding that webi and deski aggregate the data on the client side, and that is why my webi reports tie back to my original BW query. However, it is also my understanding that QAAWS does not perform aggregation and thus why my QAAWS values are not matching my original BW query.

Therefore, I would like someone's recommendation on how to proceed. My best guess is that I need to write some sort of SUM or AGGREGATE statement in my universe key figures to force them to aggregate on the universe side. However, when I attempt this I get MDX errors. If someone could please recommend how to proceed to get the proper aggregated values in QAAWS, I will be very happy. If it does include MDX, please post the correct MDX syntax to use.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the aggregation should happen on the backend. if it is a standard summary you can leave it as a SUM in the Universe. in case you are using an exception aggregation then you configure the keyfigure in the universe as a database delegated keyfigure.

ingo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allison,

It would be better to make this Sum in the BW query and then import to BO.

Check if this works.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I have this question posted in the wrong area? Anyone?

0 Kudos

Try to set the aggregation type for your key figures in your universe to "Delegate to database". This way the aggregationb will take place in SAP BW and the aggregated results will be delivered directly to BOBJ.

Regards,

Stratos