Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Error - Invalid XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the following scenarios in PI 7.0 SP20:

An interface that sends a Syncronous Message to BPM (via Webservice) by using the container type S/A Brigde to response to the soap request. However, a strange error occurs when the XML get into the BPM flow and then raising this message error:

HANDLE_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - HANDLE_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

SEND_SYNCHRON - No valid XML Message Specified

I tried to change this interface to send an Asyncronous request, but the message get stuck into the queue in SMQ2 with the status 'SYSFAIL - Permanent Error in BPE', and activating the queue afterwads, the message was processed sucessfully.

The fact is that the sometimes the interface works fine and sometimes the same XML raise this error.

PS: I've tried to stop/start the BPE Engine, clear the old workitens in SWWL, clear the data cache, repeat the Workflow activation in SXI_CACHE, but nothing solved my problem. Does anyone have any idea???

Best regards,

Gilberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilberto,

Please verify that there is no empty message during synchronous call. This could result in above mentioned error.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

No, the message is always sent with data as well as its response XML.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto - I had a similar issue the other week when developing a BPM that used a Sync/Async Bridge. What I would suggest is that you manually check/test your message mapping and operation mappings to ensure no errors in those processes.

The no XML message would indicate that somewhere along the line the data has stopped getting through, and it could be as simple as a high level node not being mapped across.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

Actually, after many hours spent on this issue, I've got the problem solved.

I had to rebuild the whole BPM flow again in a new object and deleted the older one, and then the interface started to work perfectly, even with the exactly same structure (containers, etc.).

The most problably explanation would be that the workflow builder in ABAP Stack maybe had generated some garbage because BPM was changed sereral times in the Repository, causing this issue.

Regards,

Gilberto